Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after my computer crashing 4 days prior to going to the field and spending 2 weeks out in the field, I am ready to get back to my spot for some more panning. At least I got some practice of throwing 70lbs in my pack and rucking 6 miles in 1 hour 17 minutes came in at 6th place!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: Then 2 days later we got to go to the MOUT Facility and shoot simunition at each other, (actually OPFOR)! I didn't get hit for the 2 days out at the MOUT, can't say much about those who were in my line of sight though! Head protection and goggles suck, especially with 90+ degree weather! My feet are killing me, my computer is back up and running, now I got some things to take care of then hopefully I can get back to panning real soon, I hear GOLD calling my name!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for protecting all of us. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank1960 said:
boy I sure don't miss those days of humping around the woods with a ruck sack. Thanks for Serving!!!!!!!!

Yeah I hear ya. I been in 21 years now. The new ruck is more comfortable and has straps all over the place, especially on the shoulder straps to make them more comfortable and carry more weight without really feeling much of it.

Thanks everyone! I guess the reason I still serve is because I really don't have anything else to do, except pan for gold, sit in front of the computer all day wondering what I am going to do next, etc! :laughing7:

Nah, Right now I am trying to get all my retirement points straightened out so I can get my 20 year letter and be done with it all due to the fact of me being old school Army and I don't believe what most are doing! Prime example: the Army Times Magazine had an article in last weeks paper about NCO's from SGM on don't to lower enlisted getting out of the Army, not for retirement, not because they are tired of serving, not because of injuries, etc. They are getting out because of BAD LEADERS. Officers in today's military, well lets just say I have seen quite a few who are totally ATE UP and don't even know which way is up, and they have no concerns for their soldiers.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HATE TO HEAR THAT.
MY SON WAS IN IRAQ IN 2004 AND INTO 2005. HIS C.O. WAS OLD SCHOOL AND DID EVERYTHING THAT HE COULD TO KEEP HIS MEN IN TOP SHAPE, WELL EDUCATED, AND
AS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE. HE REALLY CARED ABOUT HIS MEN. THE C.O. RETIRED
SHORTLY AFTER RETURNING FROM SERVICE WITH HIS MEN. HE TOO SAW THE NEED TO
TAKE HIS MORAL COMPASS TO HIGHER GROUND. HE IS NOW A FIRST TIME CONGRESSMAN.
THIS LAST WEEK HE WAS ABLE TO WORK TOGETHER WITH WAL MART AND TYSON CORP.
TO TRANSPORT A PLANE LOAD OF VETS TO D.C. FOR AN HONERS CELEBRATION.
HE WELCOMED THEM AT THE PLANE, FLEW WITH, AND STAYED WITH THEM UNTIL THEY
RETURNED HOME. CLASS ACT AND A STRAIGHT ARROW.

I SALUTE HIM, CONGRESSMAN STEVE WOMACK, AND ALL OF OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN.

THANKS AGAIN.
PROSPECTORMIKEL
:coffee2: :coffee2:

Attachments

• homecoming 2004 brittany 012.jpg
    homecoming 2004 brittany 012.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 539

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"HEY TheHarleyMan2" This is gold calling!!! Get out and do some panning.

P.S Thank's

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
THM2 may I throw in my thanks for your sore feet and aching back, did my twenty in AF "64-84". Only time packed a weapon was in NC during mission exercises walking the security area fence and being a blue plate special for the skeeters. Spent most of that twenty doing shift work which a study said would shorten my life, well except for a game knee and a few extra lbs. around the middle I'm healthy, so much for studies.

Take my friend and go answer that call to pan,
Gramps

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GRAMPS,
THANKS TO YOU AS WELL. THOSE WERE TOUGH YEARS TO BE IN THE SERVICE, AND IT TOOK A LONG TIME FOR FOLKS TO LEARN TO APPRECIATE YOUR SERVICE DUE TO THE UNPOPULARITY OF WHERE YOU GUYS GOT SENT AND NOT SEEING THAT YOU SERVED UNDER THE FLAG OF FREEDOM.

:coffee2: :coffee2:
THANK YOU
PROSPECTORMIKEL

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i have been trying to get one of those for a bug out bag my soon to be nephew is getting new gear and is giving me his old one right now i am using a large alice on frame for now i would trade my alice for a new one if you know any one willing to trade

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olepossum said:
i have been trying to get one of those for a bug out bag my soon to be nephew is getting new gear and is giving me his old one right now i am using a large alice on frame for now i would trade my alice for a new one if you know any one willing to trade

Let me tell you about the "NEW RUCKS", They are more comfortable than the old ones as far as loading it up and packing everything in and wearing it. If you are going on a long distance hike or ruck. I will tell you that the plastic frame WILL wear blisters and sore spots on the sides of your hip right at teh belt line just enough to irritate you. The frame is actually too long. But it is comfortable when wearing it, but as I said, if you plan on hiking or rucking with it your best bet is to get some mole skin and put it on your hips right at the belt line of your pants!

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olepossum said:
ok will do or can you use a dremel and shortin the frame a little

I don't know, but I think they may make pads for the waist of the frame, (they did with the old rucks). I will have to check with clothing sales sometime next week when I go back to my unit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread