scoremaster

Jan 2, 2013
western md
Detector(s) used
garrett 250 and new this year at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well guess i'm hooked

well after some delibaration i got me a md and it arrived early this week so as i was waiting for the snow to melt here in western md i meet a fella from cumberland and we talked for a bit finnally today we met face to face and it turned into a dig sesssion of course with it being my first i was a tad excited and with his help to get me started and away we went found several pull tabs and pop lids,can etc.
but the best find was a dime nothing fancy but a dime none the less 1957 and it was beautiful shining on the bottom of the plug when i pulled it out .
so i just wanted to jump up and say ye ha i got me some silver my ace 250 did it's job now the wife said when i get enough change to pay for it i can buy other things lol.

thanks for reading and looking ,
Scott

Attachments

• IMG-20130111-00273.jpg
    IMG-20130111-00273.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 2

Papaw55

Jan 2, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Commando
Cen Tech pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard. Yeah, you're hooked. Got my detector 2weeks ago and I can't stop swingin' that thang!! I'm afraid of a burn out and wonder does this addiction slow a lot with time? Soon as I get off work, I go to my first spot that has given me 7 or 8 wheaties (1909-1946) and a buffalo nickel. Learning your detector is the key. See what depth it will detect on different coins and listen to the sounds it makes. I have so much to learn and this site has the friendliest people that gives you excellent advice. There's no fighting it, it consumes you. Congrats and HH? I see this posted by a lot of people and figure it means Happy Hunting.

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver and on your first time out no less. It's addictive that's for sure. When you start watching weather reports a week or so out from your next available time to dig you'll know where I'm coming from :)

OP
OP
S

scoremaster

Jan 2, 2013
western md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well after some careful consideration i believe that i am going to upgrade on my coil and get a 8.5 x 11 DD coil as mine has the 6.5 x 9 concentric to aid in the hnting process then i will have the smaller one if i would ever need it . i just wish we would have got to hunt longer but mother nature ruled this day lol.
it might have been a sign as we were hunting an old church softball feild from the 30s to 80s so maybe just maybe thats how it works lol.

thanks for the replies , and yes hh is happy hunting

Scott

tyrooney

Dec 27, 2012
southern california
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did and iT really made a difference. Pinpointing seemed a little different but the tradeoff was worth it. The quality of my finds improved.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A larger coil will add a tool to your arsenal,for covering large areas with few targets. I find the smaller coil for the trashy,multiple targets in a small area is producing best. given the choice if you don,t have one i,d get a hand held pinpointer before another coil but it truly is up to you. H.H.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

scoremaster

Jan 2, 2013
western md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do have a hand held pointer i got one of the ones from harbor frieght i know it's not a garrett or one of the other but i rather be able to locate things then take my time finding them in the ground. i'm kinda on a budget and take on some side jobs now and then to support my habits as thats what the wife calls them for extra play stuff so it's one step at a time guess i'll get there eventually but just steps thats all.

thanks,
Scott

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good! Pinpointer saves time and confusion does it not? D.D.coil is an improvement i.m.o.,seems like a finer slice reaching down.
Enough finds you can spend em as wants and needs list allow. You have lots of history your way,(read whup me on old coins !) H.H.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! :notworthy: Congrats on your first Silver Rosie!!! :occasion14:

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard. Yeah, you're hooked. Got my detector 2weeks ago and I can't stop swingin' that thang!! I'm afraid of a burn out and wonder does this addiction slow a lot with time? Soon as I get off work, I go to my first spot that has given me 7 or 8 wheaties (1909-1946) and a buffalo nickel. Learning your detector is the key. See what depth it will detect on different coins and listen to the sounds it makes. I have so much to learn and this site has the friendliest people that gives you excellent advice. There's no fighting it, it consumes you. Congrats and HH? I see this posted by a lot of people and figure it means Happy Hunting.
Papaw, you caught on quik , keep at it.HH

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
scoremaster said:
i do have a hand held pointer i got one of the ones from harbor frieght i know it's not a garrett or one of the other but i rather be able to locate things then take my time finding them in the ground. i'm kinda on a budget and take on some side jobs now and then to support my habits as thats what the wife calls them for extra play stuff so it's one step at a time guess i'll get there eventually but just steps thats all.

thanks,
Scott

I bought a harbor freight pointer and I was pleasantly surprised! One you get used to it I found it would sound off more than an inch away!

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dime nothing fancy but a dime none the less 1957 and it was beautiful shining

Congrats on the silver! "nothing fancy"? Hey man your already on the silver score board! Way to go!

I can relate to the "waiting on the snow to melt". I have been suffering some serious withdraw. Treasurenet helps when you can't go out.

HH

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just replaced the switch on my Harbor Freight the other day. The one that came with it was acting flaky. Fingers cross the rain will hold off tomorrow morning and that the ground has thawed a bit.

1Radr4lf

Sep 9, 2012
Owasso, OK
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro and Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Rosie...and gotta love those pulltabs

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the itch that you just can't quite scratch. It's a disease that doesn't get better, just worse, there's always something you just gotta have, you'll look at ground differently, wondering if some has beat you to it, and there's always that "what if," the only redeeming feature of this sickness is the fact it's so much fun. Welcome aboard, and go find some more stuff, and if your wife says anything, tell her stuff is important, she'll understand.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup! Stuff is IMPORTANT!........Could not have said it better, Welcome to the insanity
And it gets worse as time goes by....................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions