Well I did it!

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I purchased a new Ace 250 sport package. I added the small 4.5" coil, 2 extra lower rods, and coil covers all around. It should be here next week depending on how fast UPS/FedEx gets it all here. I am going to put it in an insulated carring hard case and keep it with me in my car at all times. I thought long and hard about this and looked at a variety of other detectors including the Whites IDX PRO, the Coinmaster, the Prizim line, the classic line, etc. I read all the posts on all the detectors, read all the field tests, and talked to other uses and dealers of all the various detectors. I also looked at the Fisher line and Minelabs. But when I wrote it all down, went in for a store demo, compared all the extras on the 250, I decided that it was by far the best choice for me. This will be a real switch for me, as I have had mostly Whites coin detectors (I still have my Spectrum XLT which I still love). I am confident I made the right decision, but still a bit nervous about switching from a Whites. I have done it in the past (Minelab, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Nautelous, Tesoro, etc.), and I have always ended up coming back to a Whites. So, you can understand my feeling a little bit of uncertainty. But, as I always try to do, I did my homework and I am looking forward to learning this detector. So many features!

I have been detecting for the last 20+ years and I am just as excited about getting this detector as I was when I got my first detector - a CZ5. I have watched the instructional video about 3 times, and after I study the manual, do my bench air test, and practice in my test garden, I am going to hit the local parks and have a great time. Can't wait!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'm going to be getting an ace 250 for my daughter, I just hope she likes it

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I too have a bunch of detectors. But I still like going out with the ACE. I just set my disc and dig all the audible targets. The ACE puts the fun back into metal detecting. :laughing9:

OP
OP
nuggetshooter

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am looking forward to it getting here. Should be here early to mid next week.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made a wise choice! The Ace rocks it blows detectors away that are 3 times its price. Best dam machine out there dollar for dollar pound for pound.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trackerman said:
You made a wise choice! The Ace rocks it blows detectors away that are 3 times its price. Best dam machine out there dollar for dollar pound for pound.

What he said.........................................

dirthunter

Apr 9, 2009
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Silver Umax
You are just like me, I see from your profile you have many expensive machines. I too have expensive machines. But, every time I go out, I pick up my Bounty Hunter Lonestar to hunt with. I don't know if it is the weight of the machine, or what. I have found alot of gold, and silver with this machine, and love it more everytime I go out.

I think you will find the Ace very light, and will find everything you are looking for, at the fraction of the cost we spent on the other machines. Just my opinion.

HH
Dirthunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread