Well, I Finally Did It!!!!!

K

kestrel0222

Well, after lots of questions and research, I finally did it, I bought my first MD yesterday!!! I purchased a Garrett Ace 250. I purchased it form a well known store. They included (9) free gifts valued at $107.65. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Thanks to all of you and your responses to my post, I was able to make the decision. Now all I have to do is wait for some warm weather to get here. I guess now that it is cold here, I'll just have to do a lot of reading. I have already pick up some monthly publicataions of MDing.

Tom

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

WTG TOM!!! There might be a chance to go metal detecting even in cold weather. Are there any barns or garages with dirt floors in your vicinity? Or does your local college have a field house (indoor playing field) that you could gain permission to hunt...maybe with the reason/excuse that a friend lost a valuable ring in it!!!??? Or find out where the snow removal trucks dump the excess snow and metal detect those snow piles. You'd be surprised what they scoop up when the remove snow from roads and parking lots.

Good luck with your new detector. And do plenty of research when the weather is bad so that you'll be ready for action when the weather improves.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Tom! I'm glad you chose the ACE 250 - it seems to be the hottest machine on the market now days.

I've read a lot of good reviews about your new machine and I'm sure it will pay for itself in no time at all....WTG....looking forward to your future posts.

Happy Hunting/Night Stalker

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good move, Tom. I bought mine last week, so like you, I am learning.

Made my garden Staurday and come home after work and play for a little. It gets dark early though.

Dan

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes read and research. You are looking for older places where lots of people congregated. Fairs, carnivals, parade sites, outdoor theatres and revivals, Chatauquas and so on are your best bet.
Go to where the olde folks go and talk to them, too. Breakfast joints were thay gather during the week is a great idea. Offer to buy them all coffee.
They can REALLY open your eyes to how it WAS.

Also, test and retest your detector for its response to coins, foil, pulltabs, screwcaps and iron.

Consider every recovery another deep-knee bend on the way to improved health. Shoot, the money you save on health care and therapy alone will make it worthwhile.

Oh, one more thing. Be a junk collector. If you dig junk, even seek it out, you wil not fail to dig the good stuff.

Peace,
David

OP
OP
K

kestrel0222

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get out there and try my luck. I'm sure it will take a lot of practice, but I think I am up to the challenge.

dahut, thanks for the advice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions