Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a couple of hours after work today to huge nearby park. I hunted around the base of some big trees but got a lot of trash so moved on to the soccer field but after a couple of minutes I noticed a tot-lot up the path a couple hundred yards minus the tots so I decided to hit it up.

I dug every signal so I got my share of nails, wire, thumb tacks, paper clips and foil but I also managed to find a few coins and a ring. I know nothing about jewelry but my first thought was that came from a gumball machine. :dontknow: The metal looks cheap and has some tiny specks of rust on it but my girlfriend thinks the stone looks real. Real what? :dontknow: I walk past a Jewelry store almost every day so I'll just stop in and ask just to satisfy my curiosity.

*The old handle was found just ouside of the tot-lot in the picnic area.

Nothing too exciting buy hey, even if it is from a gumball machine, it's still my first ring!

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 910
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 901
  • park1.jpg
    park1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 900
  • handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 904
Upvote 0

jwelch66

May 4, 2010
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-70 pro Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I think it is always exciting to find a ring real or not. You dont find one everyday. I hope you find many more! Good Luck!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey man a ring is a ring. Wtg :icon_thumright:

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Congrats on your first ring. The handle is part of a water or gas valve or something like that.

OP
OP
Minrelica

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THX peeps.

I have to admit that the ring was pretty cool to find even though I didn't get very excited about it.

This is the 4th tot-lot I've hunted this year (ever) and until today I've only found 2 memorial pennies total so I had a good time. :thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
Congrats on your first ring. The handle is part of a water or gas valve or something like that.

I agree with vayank on the valve.

I do like your 1st ring...it's still a ring.

:wink: RR

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WIT said:
THX peeps.

I have to admit that the ring was pretty cool to find even though I didn't get very excited about it.

This is the 4th tot-lot I've hunted this year (ever) and until today I've only found 2 memorial pennies total so I had a good time. :thumbsup:
Take your time with the Ace 250, shes a good machine and once you
get to know the chirps and beeps, the better finds will start rolling in.
Good luck and keep us posted on your finds !

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ring :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 3, whites bullseye ii
well take a magnet to it if it sicks it is steal and it is a junk ring but if not it may be gold! and the stone looks pretty well mounted in there so it could be a real stone!

OP
OP
Minrelica

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:

For sure. This is my first machine and my first year hunting and Iโ€™m really starting to learn the ACE. The ratio of coins to junk has really gone up in my last few hunts. I think I read in a tips & tricks thread on here that someone suggested using it in jewelry mode because it will eliminate most iron but still let you know when thereโ€™s a coin there. This is what I tried yesterday and it worked great!

lennon631 said:
Hey WIT.....could be an Amethyst, good dig!

Yeah? I didn't stop at the jeweler today because I was busy but I'll find out over the weekend.

Mr Tuff said:

THX

Kanyontreasures said:
well take a magnet to it if it sicks it is steal and it is a junk ring but if not it may be gold! and the stone looks pretty well mounted in there so it could be a real stone!

Well, it sticks to my magnetic beer opener so thatโ€™s a bust.

I donโ€™t know jewelry but I did notice that it was mounted pretty good. Iโ€™ll have it looked at just out of curiosity.

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 3, whites bullseye ii
WIT said:
allen said:

For sure. This is my first machine and my first year hunting and Iโ€™m really starting to learn the ACE. The ratio of coins to junk has really gone up in my last few hunts. I think I read in a tips & tricks thread on here that someone suggested using it in jewelry mode because it will eliminate most iron but still let you know when thereโ€™s a coin there. This is what I tried yesterday and it worked great!

lennon631 said:
Hey WIT.....could be an Amethyst, good dig!

Yeah? I didn't stop at the jeweler today because I was busy but I'll find out over the weekend.

Mr Tuff said:

THX

Kanyontreasures said:

Well, it sticks to my magnetic beer opener so thatโ€™s a bust.

I donโ€™t know jewelry but I did notice that it was mounted pretty good. Iโ€™ll have it looked at just out of curiosity.
tat means it is steal! junk ring but good lookin

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are there any markings on the inside of the ring? Jewelry is always exciting to find, whether it's gold, silver, or not. Congrats, Breezie

OP
OP
Minrelica

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breezie said:
Are there any markings on the inside of the ring? Jewelry is always exciting to find, whether it's gold, silver, or not. Congrats, Breezie

Naw, no markings Breezie...

That's about the only thing I know what to look for on a piece of jewelry. ;D

oldhippiecoinhntr

Nov 25, 2007
Hi all. Long time no replies. Didnt get to detect much last year, due to a heart attack and bypass. But am getting out this year. Going to Montana, Billing's area in a couple weeks. Going to do some detecting on way, and when I get there.

Want to add my 2 cents worth here. The valve looking device is a valve for cream seperator bowl, to allow the milk into the seperator. Used one more than I care to remember. Good luck to you all, and hope to talk to you all soon, with good results from my Montana trip? Wish me luck.

airbrush

Greenie
May 5, 2010
Well u broke the ice I'm sure u will find more now Gold & silver. Keep diggingjavascript:void(0);

OP
OP
Minrelica

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldhippiecoinhntr said:
Hi all. Long time no replies. Didnt get to detect much last year, due to a heart attack and bypass. But am getting out this year. Going to Montana, Billing's area in a couple weeks. Going to do some detecting on way, and when I get there.

Want to add my 2 cents worth here. The valve looking device is a valve for cream seperator bowl, to allow the milk into the seperator. Used one more than I care to remember. Good luck to you all, and hope to talk to you all soon, with good results from my Montana trip? Wish me luck.

Well, first of all, sorry to hear about that and I hope you're feeling better.

Second, thanks a bunch for the info! Any idea how old it may be?

Good luck on your trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions