Well, Its not pretty....But its Spanish and its silver

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, It's not pretty....But it's Spanish and it's silver

My Buddy Rick and I got out yesterday for a good 6 hour hunt. We started out at our new colonial French site but didn't turn up much at all this time. So then we got invited to hunt a elderly couples fields, which actually had 2 home sites on them. Man did those fields have potential but unfortunately that's about it, although I did get a blob in one of them that may actually be about 2 ounces of burnt silver (or pewter). It's non-magnetic, heavy and rings up a solid 80 on the ATPro. Oh yea click on the pic to make it bigger

20151214_203810.jpg

Then we moved on to our 3rd field which was freshly plowed but it too turned up zippo. Finally with only an hour left to hunt we headed for a site that we have pounded but it keeps on producing, and it didn't fail us this time. First I turned up a couple of small cuff buttons, both are the same size but have different designed. One has a Crown with oak leaves under it and the other has 3, six sided stars within a wreath and a word on top, which to the best of my abilities spells "PHATY" ............That's right Phaty
20151214_195421.jpg 20151214_195814.jpg

And then with just minutes to go I get a squeaker of a signal on the XP and up she comes, a sad looking little Half Reale but a very welcome sight after such a hard day of hunting with out much to show for our efforts.

20151214_203848.jpg

The group shots....

20151213_150209.jpg 20151214_203745.jpg

HH everyone and have a great Christmas, or what ever
ZDD

Last edited:
Upvote 15
OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I'd kill for one of those Spanish silvers right now Dave. Glad to see someone get their coil over one. Hopefully the weather will hold out for you a bit longer.
Thanks Bill That silver brought my silver count for the year up to "1". I haven't been able to get out all year but for a couple of hunts due to many, many other obligations. Now that I have most of them taken care of I will try my best to get in as much hunting and diving as I can.
I know Bill you will have another killer find soon so I will keep monitoring your posts, I am sure it's just around the bend.
HH,
ZDD

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAVE YOU GOT SOME NICE RELICS IN THAT PILE. IS THE NAIL BRASS KINDA LOOKS LIKE A SHIP NAIL BUT MAYBE IM LOOKING AT IT WRONG ...
You are correct, they were brass or bronze and used on ships among other things. I am starting to get a collection and being a diver it fits well into my display.
ZDD

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. I feel bad for you guys that say this or that day might be your last hunt. Man, we get some snow and cold but I still hunt a lot during winter, sometimes in near zero degree weather.
We will keep hunting until the ground is too hard to dig, but we have a couple of options still open to us...Mudlarking. We have a saltwater river that was settled in the early 1600s and many nice finds have come from it's shores during low tide. We will get in a few hunts there over the winter and for me I will also be artifact diving on the Sundays when the weather permits, so we may be slowed down a little but certainly not stopped.
HH,
ZDD

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. Just freaking awesome. I have never found Spanish Silver. :notworthy:
I am sure there must be some around White Plains there Terry, I bet one day you will come home with a monster Big 8 reale.
Good luck my friend,
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread