Well my Compass Xp Pro arrived..too bad it doesnt work.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Any ideas?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coin
Thats a shame it does not do better that that,in their day they were the best.
I think that Keith in texas still works on them. WWW. Borkendetectors.com phone 903-734-7773 and ask him
Gary

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone suggested that maybe the former owner adjusted the ground balance to suit their area. I mean if it picks up coins in the air just fine, it must be something with the ground for it not to pick them up buried.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That IS strange that it picks up objects in the air but won't pick them um at the same depth in soil. Usually the conductivity of the soil increases that distance. sounds like a ground balance problem, like you suggested.
It should be hitting MUCH stronger on EVERY pass at that depth.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
What does that mean Nsdq?

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
It's all good, he is paying the return shipping and I get to keep my mint 5900. Nothing lost but time.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told you the other guy got the better deal...you should of never traded....

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I still have my 5900 and he's paying the shipping to get his Compass that doesn't work back so I guess I got the better deal :)

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea but you mussel bound people don't know the difference... any ways, you have a really deep detector if you just take the time to learn how to run it...

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
yea but you mussel bound people don't know the difference... any ways, you have a really deep detector if you just take the time to learn how to run it...

Hmmm....Don't understand the reason for posting that but actually I have been using it and digging everything to learn what it's saying.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You buy a old Compass you take your chances...... i bought one about 3 years ago it did not work right...... So i sent it to Keith to look at www.brokendetector.com and i still did not think it was right so i got rid of it........ I will never buy a old Compass again.......That's the problem with buying something that the company is gone not here any more.......One's brag about them but when they were around no one bought them so they went broke............ We always want something that we can not get .......But did not want it when we could get it ???????????......... And speaking of ICandy have not seen her post here on the new Tnet.. Unless i missed her post.??

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
You buy a old Compass you take your chances...... i bought one about 3 years ago it did not work right...... So i sent it to Keith to look at www.brokendetector.com and i still did not think it was right so i got rid of it........ I will never buy a old Compass again.......That's the problem with buying something that the company is gone not here any more.......One's brag about them but when they were around no one bought them so they went broke............ We always want something that we can not get .......But did not want it when we could get it ???????????......... And speaking of ICandy have not seen her post here on the new Tnet.. Unless i missed her post.??

Yeah, I'm done with the vintage stuff. I'll get myself another Coinstrike and the 5.75'' coil and be set.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread