Well, nothing real old but did score some silver....

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
I went cold door knocking. First 3 places no one was home or they were hiding in the house from me. :dontknow: I would if I saw the likes of me coming up to the door. :laughing7:
I finally stopped at a house that is only a couple miles from my house. I knew the house was older but the yard has never looked right to me. No old trees, has bi leveled yard thingy going on. But what the heck I'll give her a go if the people let me. And they did. I didn't find anything old but I did score 5 silver coins and eight wheaties. Two of the silver rosies, the 62 (year I was born) and the 63 were in the same hole with a 60s memorial penny. I finally found a mercury dime too. Didn't have one yet since I started detecting again.
This yard is still holding some silver I believe. There were a ton of signals but the guy was wanting to mow his yard and I didn't want to be a pain so I was kinda going fast through the yard. I left while he was still mowing he stopped by to see what I got but I never secured a trip back. Duh. Oh well, I had fun.

Attachments

• 091210.jpg
    091210.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 0912101.jpg
    0912101.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 148

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of silver! Congrats Jim! :headbang:

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
fistfulladirt said:
Yow! You really tore up the silver there Jim. I consider that a very worthwhile time out!

D

Me to Mr. D. Didn't mean to sound smug about finding all that silver. I just like the old stuff. :hello:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes sir thats a good hunt Jim....congrats on pullin some silver.....looks good to me! :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure I've had people in the house hiding from me before!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the Silver Jim! :icon_thumleft: Knockin on doors pays off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions