Well, ok, maybe I need to do a rethink about fields.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FINAL UPDATE: See below

I'm not going to make this post long. It speaks for itself.

But, I'll explain this much. I needed to go to the store this past evening so I took my ATP with me, figuring to stop by a school on the way home.
I got caught up in traffic. A conveyor belt moved faster! By the time I was off the belt, there was just a short time before dark. I still wanted to
scratch the itch but I didn't have time to go to any of my usual spots. Guess where I was close to though? Yep, the cornfield. LOL
I said what the *&%#! And figured a walk until dark wouldn't hurt. (about two hours).

I had my usual hour and a half of cr*p. Convinced that I was right about my decision on cornfields. THEN.....

2015 (148).JPG 2015 (149).JPG 2015 (150).JPG 2015 (151).JPG 2015 (152).JPG 2015 (153).JPG 2015 (154).JPG 2015 (155).JPG 2015 (156).JPG 2015 (157).JPG
2015 (158).JPG

Silver in the back, gold in the front. :dontknow:

But that ain't all! ALL of these finds came out of basically two holes! About 5 feet apart! This was in the same area I have been searching.
I hunted until I just couldn't anymore. I did EVERY trick I knew! I hunted circles out from the two holes, beside them, along the same row, the next and the next on both sides, even dug the holes out to see if it might've been the tip of an iceberg. Nothing else was found! Feast or famine was never truer!

Now, I'll say just one thing more:

For all those who have been reading this, waiting for the APRIL FOOLS!!! Well, the joke is on them! Because this is NOT a joke!
There is no one more surprised than me!

Gotta do some sleeping and some thinking!! :icon_scratch:
I'll see if these finds are still here in the morning. Someone pinch me! :dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 17
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, ok, maybe I need to do a rethink about fields.

Yup dont knock fields.I dont know how it is in your state but,in Massachusetts and New Hampshire any town whose name ended in "field" was at one time or another native american crop land,farm land.Depending where you are theres more to a field than meets the eye.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup dont knock fields.I dont know how it is in your state but,in Massachusetts and New Hampshire any town whose name ended in "field" was at one time or another native american crop land,farm land.Depending where you are theres more to a field than meets the eye.

Yep. Like corn stalks that stab, trip and maim! LOL Good places, all. High potential, not my bag. :dontknow:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt buddy. These are the hunts that get us out of bed and into the field....hoping for the next great hunt

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering about the wedding ring. Any writing in it??? Could it go with the farm lands house? The stories I've heard about rings that I have returned. Makes me want to give them all back. Custom rings made, gone to war comes home loses ring after 37 years. Returned.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy molly!!
You had a great day!!
Way to go..
Blingie will not know how to act with them great finds..lol

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Congrats! Persistence pays off. There's got to be more there- best of luck!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering about the wedding ring. Any writing in it??? Could it go with the farm lands house? The stories I've heard about rings that I have returned. Makes me want to give them all back. Custom rings made, gone to war comes home loses ring after 37 years. Returned.

Well it did have something inscribed, like from George to Martha 1776 or some such. ;)

Actually, all it says is 14k . AND....if you think I'm going to try to return this after all the pain, stumbling, falling, cuts & bruises this field has given me before getting these. LOL !!

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW how did I miss this Post!! Good job on the Gold!!! I think I would be out there ASAP!! Early!!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Whadifind!I'll take a cornfield that produces like that any day.Doesn't look like the fertilizer was to awfully harsh on your coppers either.very nice digs

Last edited:

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyday you can get a few Indians is a good day :thumbsup: Still around 80% covered up here so I'm jealous,I'd love to walk a field,any field right now

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW how did I miss this Post!! Good job on the Gold!!! I think I would be out there ASAP!! Early!!

Yep, well, if you read the rest of the postings, you'll see I did do a rather intense search of the area. Zip! Just two lucky holes. Not worth the work to me.
I'd sooner walk a school ground and pick up quarters with a chance at something old. LOL

I also mentioned that I paid for all my new water hunting equipment with just my collected clad. :)

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you aren't giving up on the old mansion are you?

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you aren't giving up on the old mansion are you?

Oh heck no! That place puts my very soul back in place when it gets out. Just being there is a happy thing for me.
I'll go there until they bar the gate! :)

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great score, Whadifind. I'm still waiting for my cornfield revelation. Last week I found a tomahawk-like axehead-otherwise the usual squat!
Glad for you, Bud

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your out making a ton of nice finds! Treasure likes you!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! You didn't leave much room for Blingie or Fishie on this one! Congrats

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Great hunt man! I tell ya, the fields are where its at. I've dug 99% of my finds in cultivated fields, plus they're very easy to dig in and you don't have to be as careful when returning dirt to the dig hole. Keep trying it - you'll like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread