Well.....Ring #2 Out Coin Shooting Those White Snow Hills Today Using The ATX

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSC_0753_zps701e816a.jpg~original

What a great day! It got to about 12 degrees C/54 F, no jacket required. This ATX of mine is a real nifty coin shooter. Once you learn all the little audio quirks ie.....strength of audio, length of audio, tone of audio, smoothness of audio, iron audio, you have a machine that can discriminate to a fairly high level. The more you use it, the more you understand what it is telling you. I see myself using this detector quite often this year, hunting sports fields, woods, parks and water unless the areas are too trashy, in which I will untilize my AT Series. If you owned one PI and one decent VLF detector, and really learned them well, and I mean to the point where you can tell the detector what's under that coil with a high level of probability, not the other way around, you don't need any others.

DSC_0751_zps81a42d89.jpg~original

Here's that ring......it was buried in the dirt, below the snow layer. It really gave off a quick, loud, short audio, the same in all directions. I suspected a good target, possibly a coin, but I was wrong. It turned out to be a stainless steel ring....a spinner at that.

DSC_0763_zpsd03777cb.jpg~original

Here's a foreign coin a found also in the ground below the snow layer. It too gave off a strong quick, loud, smooth audio signal, a sign of a probable coin.

Attachments

• FINE GOLD.jpg
    FINE GOLD.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job John can't wait for the big thaw.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread