Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So update on my heartbreaker ring!
9BE26BDE-B76A-406D-88BC-452E242B937D.jpeg

I actually found the owner!!!
My mail girl posted it on FB, and here is the response...
7CEA392C-75D5-4D7D-BB2B-99AE40BA452B.jpeg

That’s too bad.

Upvote 18
Yeah Dave... listen to her and throw it away... but man I know this would be and is hard for you...

SO... just stick it in an envelope and send it to me and I will throw it away for you.

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji23][emoji23]

I almost did the same thing with my wedding ring.
I've often wondered how many of the wedding bands we find are a result of the same actions.

I've often wondered how many of the wedding bands we find are a result of the same actions.

A one time Neighbor calls and tells me that he just witnessed an huge fight between a couple in a car and as they sped off the drunk chick throws her ring out the window of the car into a field of grass.

He asks if I would come over and let him borrow a detector so he can find it... So reluctantly I go and let him try... and he finds nothing but keeps looking and looking...

As he is looking for it the couple comes back to look for themselves and sees him metal detecting the area they threw the ring and both of them get super pissed...

She starts in with him "that was my grandmothers ring" screaming at him saying wtf are you trying to find her grandmothers ring etc etc...

I was watching from distance as this guy lunges to grab the detector (Garrett 2500 GTI)...

That's when I had to intervene... they were totally unaware I was even there because I was leaning on car some distance away... SO>>> I yell "HEY DONT TOUCH THE DETECTOR"... which throws both of them for a loop.

They start with wtf are you guys looking for my grandmothers ring again... I look at her and say "I aint looking for nothing and neither is he anymore"... and walked over and took the detector.

As I walked away I looked back and said "shouldn't have thrown your grandmothers ring... good luck finding it".

And packed up and left.

From what I heard later the couple looked and looked and MAYBE found it... the guy who called me told me later he also went back after they left and looked and looked... and tried to get me to come back and look.

A year later... I hit the field... AND.....

Found nothing.

So there... there is a "thrown away ring story"..

:P

Look I found it at their website. Sure looks real. Lol. I guess the lesson is if you dont think the relationship is going to last go with the $99 ring. :laughing9:
I was once repairing a wooden deck porch at this ladies home. Found a huge diamond engagement ring. I saw dollar signs but did the right thing and asked if it was hers. She said a couple years before she kicked her fiance out of the house and as he left she threw it at him. She said it was real and she looked later but couldn't find it. She didn't even offer me a small reward for it.:dontknow:

Attachments

• 20200315_152128.jpg
    20200315_152128.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 27
Great story- funny & sad- Nice try though!

Quite a few if my experience in looking for them is any indication. I've been on a couple of dozen ring searches where one spouse or another has tossed a ring in a moment of anger. Some were found, some weren't. Looking for ones that have been tossed out the window of a speeding car are the worst. Man is there a lot of :censored: along the side of a road!

Not sure I have ever heard of such a bizarre ring return story....I give you a big thumbs up for sharing it:thumbsup:

"reads Hop and poo inside" , but should have read stepped in poo!
Check the ring for DNA , you may find some fellas cheek meat on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back