well the knee is done.

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my knee replaced on 7/3. Im getting along okay thanks to hubbys vaycay time and since its only been 5 months since my last one. Im hoping to get my staples out later today. Once I'm able to get around myself, I wanna stop at our library and do some research while I'm laid up. Im guessing end of August is when I'll be able to start MDing hard core lol
Its still looking pretty ugly

ForumRunner_20130715_053145.png

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was it painful?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had both knee's done, just remember to keep the ice on it. When they take the staples out, it will sting a little. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and don't forget to do your physical therapy exercises.

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive had my right knee replaced, can feel your pain. are you using one of the constant movement rehab machines, some people try it without them, but I recommend it! speedy recovery

OP
OP
housemom6

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it's hurts quite a bit more than the other one. This one was the better of the two knees so it's very tight. Especially when it's not up with the ice and pain candy lol. Sitting in the doctors ofc right now with a ton of people ahead of me so I'm trying to take my mind off the pain. I do have the Cpm machine to stretch it out it does help. Thanks for the well wishes

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you are feeling well enough to get back to MDing soon, but it's been awful hot, so this may be a good opportunity to spend some time at the library or on the internet researching places to go when you are fully recovered.

OP
OP
housemom6

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Artemis. It'll be 6 weeks before I'll be able to walk with a cane, probably 6 more till I can walk without one. I can't even get to a library right now. But I start out patient PT Monday. But I've been scouring this site and looking on the internet. If you can give me any ideas where to look on the internet I'd appreciate it. Thanks

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ouch,that's quite a scar! I'm hoping you have an easy recovery and can get back doing what you love. Take care.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with your recovery! How long do the replacements last?

OP
OP
housemom6

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that depends. If I lose some weight it would be better but 15-20 yrs on average. I hope. I definitely don't want do this for quite a while.

OP
OP
housemom6

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww thank you river rat:)

Top Member Reactions