Well this was a pleasant suprise

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I got a roll of quarters from the bank today so I could do laundry since my machine broke, and to pressure spray the car since it's got a bunch of crap from god only knows what on it. Generally I get a bunch of rolls every week to make change in the cash register.

The roll from the bank was obviously hand rolled and not one of those machine done up ones. I have had 'issues' from the bank before with hand rolls of coins having bogus stuff in them. When Id get coins to make change in the cash register, at least once a week Id get crap rolls, ie Dimes with foreign pennies or... whatever coins in them, etc etc. I can see once in a while but every week, not only does it throw the drawer off, I can't give them to the customers and the bank sure as hell won't take them back. Because of this I have been opening the rolls and counting them in the bank so I could raise hell with the bank about this. Well I busted open this roll of quarters, pushed the tube out into my palm and sure nuff, there are 4 'non clad' rims in the pile. Im thinking, ok you bastards just gave me canadian coins again, (yep another one that customers will whine about and the bank will NOT take as part of a deposit), so I am getting ready to go back and really let them have it this time, so pull the coins out and lay them flat in my palm so I can go over to the manager and say LOOK what I have been TELLING you, but lo and behold, this time there were 4 george washingtons looking at me.

I blink and take a better look at them and they were all 1964's. I just closed my hand, kept my mouth shut and walked up to the teller for another roll. Unfortunately she did not have any more. I don't buy rolls specifically to hunt coins (yet) but it's nice when you do, to find something good in them. Especially after buying 5 dollars worth of dimes and having only 4.80 worth of useable coins in them.

Aaron

Upvote 0

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Thats Amazing I would Flip if that happened to me I would be Hootin and Hollering as soon as I got out the banks door and saw.

CC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread