well winter is in ohio now, my treasure hunting will be in flea markets now

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
every year, its the same thing. the weather turns cold, the ground freezes, and metal detecting comes to an ugly halt, so i turn to flea markets and auctions to treasure hunt. just like when the weather is nice, always fun to go, sometimes all you find is junk. sometimes you hit the jackpot. big boxes of treasures for a buck or two, take it home and dig in. you never know what you might find. i bought a chair at an auction last year. about a week ago i noticed the leg was loose, i flipped it over and i could hear something slide down inside. i pulled a few staples to peel back the fabric on the bottom. and inside was a small paper bag wrapped tight with tape on it. as soon as i grabbed it. i could feel what was inside, holy s***. i hit the jackpot. i remember one time about 30 years ago i was th"ing by an old house. i think i had my old whites 4b back then. wow, i think i found more stuff with that old machine than any other detector i ever had. anyway, i got a signal and started digging. first thing in the hole was a zinc lid to a jar, i rechecked the hole, there was more, next was some glass and then a wheat penny, wow, i got excited, i rechecked the hole, there was more. i thought, i hit the jackpot. i dug some more, and more, and more, and there it was, sure enough, the jar had broken from being frozen so many times, and at the bottom of the hole, i scooped out about 2 pounds of rusty nails, i think i sat down and laughed for about 15 minutes or so. i thought , what a dirty trick to play on someone. if your going to bury a jar. put money in it, oh well. i still had alot of fun and excitement digging that junk.oh. so back to the paper bag in the chair. as soon as i grabbed the bag, i knew what was inside. i could feel the weight and roundness of the coins. about a pound of them. i ripped the bag open, wow,wow, it came pouring out on the floor. big ones small ones. funny looking ones. all mexican, no silver, no rubles, no gold bullion, just mexican pesos. not worth much, but the excitement,, was worth a million bucks, and thats what its all about!

Attachments

• 100_0886.JPG
    100_0886.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 269

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Hi, I love this story. Thank you for sharing. yes, treasures can be found at flea markets too. And perhaps you can sell them on ebay? So, it's cold, freezing, but all is not lost!!

Cool story,
Susan, Kelly, Tinky

OP
OP
PAPPYGOL

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
about 45 miles south east of cleveland ohio

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
well drove by your exit on 80 sunday in the snow squall and stayed in hermitage and had dinner at the golden corral. and came home to mich today . next time we go over to that area i'll let you know.HH goldie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread