Went Back Again ~ Could Not Let It Go

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the new site I was at the other day. I could not let it go as I knew there had to be at least one more piece of silver or more.
I usually do not revisit a site (even if it produces) so soon afterwards.
This time I did about 2 and half hours more searching.
I dug a bunch more wheat pennies that I purposefully passed over the previous day.
But, to be thorough I pulled them out.
Got a real deep mid tone and thought why not see what this thing is; I believe it is a #7 sinker (hard to make out)--looks like an oldie. :dontknow:
(Only one I ever found that looked like this was on a 1700's saw-mill site).
IF they were fishing this stream it would have to had been "back in the day" as you could probably run and jump the creek bed now.
The 5 cents in trade token came up as a LOUD shallow dime (2" down).
And, for the silver dime it was Reaaaal IF--about 9-10" and right beside one of the Wheaties.
Had a blast doing it--was one of the best hunts (the two days) I had in what seemed forever; as I love a challenge.
I was told by the park caretaker that the place had everything on it from a hotel, to an amusement park, to a sand bottomed pool that was spring fed.
You cannot tell any of that was there now (though I did find where the Spring was pumped from).
Imagine all the earth and dirt that was moved around from the simple acts of construction (not to mention from removing things).

1006a.jpg

1006b.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet hunt at some nice hunting grounds. :thumbsup: Looks like you had plenty of targets to keep you busy.

OP
OP
CoilFisher

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would continue to wade in that pool. Nice Recoveries.

Thank you kingskid and Loco-Digger.

I was pretty thorough for the area I was in. It was pounded (like they all are) so hard over the years--but not one nickel--NOT ONE. That surprised me. That is how pounded it was/is.
But, they just could not get to the deep signals it appeared and I believe because it was one of the NOISIEST places I ever detected (with headphones).
The surrounding noise really made it hard to hear--in fact it was one time where the VID really helped out.
But, on the second day I was drawing all sorts of attention. It felt like I spent more time talking than detecting it seemed.
Maybe next year, but I am inclined to believe I was in the most target-rich area for that particular site.
I have a few more places I want to try out before Season's end.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DIG TILL YOU HIT CHINA .. NICE FINDS.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread