Went back out to the river

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it back out to the same spot as my previous post. Found a lot of broken points and a few complete ones. Also have a pile of pottery shards. One of the broken points is different than all of the others Iā€™ve found so Iā€™m curious about that one. I really like the pottery, one piece has a hole in it so I assume it was hanging at one point. Another one clearly has indentations around the inside rim from a small pine cone or something. Iā€™d love a resource to learn more about it if anyone has one. Hereā€™s a few pics for yā€™all. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_5302.jpeg
    IMG_5302.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5303.jpeg
    IMG_5303.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5305.jpeg
    IMG_5305.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5306.jpeg
    IMG_5306.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5304.jpeg
    IMG_5304.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Upvote 9

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Anytime you can find that many points in one trip itā€™s a very good day. On your broken one it can be a different kind of Savannah River. There are 2 types. Iā€™ve found them before in my area of Georgia. There is one type that is bigger and is archaic period. Then the other like yours being smaller Iā€™ve found in early Woodland. I believe itā€™s one on these 2 types. But could be way off seeing Iā€™m not from your area.

Attachments

• IMG_1669.jpeg
    IMG_1669.jpeg
    371.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime you can find that many points in one trip itā€™s a very good day. On your broken one it can be a different kind of Savannah River. There are 2 types. Iā€™ve found them before in my area of Georgia. There is one type that is bigger and is archaic period. Then the other like yours being smaller Iā€™ve found in early Woodland. I believe itā€™s one on these 2 types. But could be way off seeing Iā€™m not from your area.
Thanks for the info! I think Iā€™ve gotten all of the easy stuff there. Anything will have to come from me digging deeper into the gravel or using snorkel further out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread