Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the cellar where I found the 1848 LC the other day. The ground is a bit more solid than I hoped but managed to dig a few targets. Got a couple things I could use some help figuring out. And scored another great coin!
First...I found the lock plate. It's obvious where the key goes but what are the other 2 holes above the key hole?

4.jpg

Then I found a small padlock. The body of the lock measures 1 1/16" high by 1 3/16" wide. Wife thinks the symbol in the middle of it looks like an urn. Any lock guru's here that can help ID and date this would be much appreciated. I can take more pics from different angles if needed.

2.jpg

But my favorite find is this coin. I found it about 10 feet from where I got the LC 2 days ago. I'm scared to death to clean it more than I have as I never thought I would find one. It's an 1865 2 cent with some pretty good detail on it. Surprised how well those 2 coppers have held up in the ground this long.

Untitled.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 6
OP
OP
Bob207

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
resized pics too small lol. Click pics to zoom...

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That 2 center should look amazing when it's cleaned up!

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
2 centers usually clean up real nice!i would take a toothpick to it. that baby has alot of detail. congrats. willy

Sobo

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030, Omega 8500, AT Pro, Ace 150, Explorer XS, Explorer SE / Sunray Probe, Bounter Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice 2 cent piece, also like that lock...good job going out with the ground conditions not ideal. :thumbsup:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! That 2-center is sweet! Congrats....

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread