Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to the fort yesterday to try out the 4kHz and it was terrible every piece of trash heads up on high numbers it’s just not the right system for the places I hunt. This fort was built on top of an Shell mound and After that was a fort for the French and then there was a fort for the Spanish then they turned it into an amusement park after the amusement park it was a place to drink so there are tons of broken brick white shells oyster shells big clamshells and rusty nails. I invited anybody to come down and try to hunt the site you better have a big shovel like I do because when you hit brick you have to break through it get through the white shells the nails and everything else and then you might find something after you have sift through every piece of iron. Well today I went on good multi town and I got a 1857 O Seated Half Dime, a 1919 wheat sand and two round balls. It’s the hardest place to hunt but if you work hard enough you may come out with something fantastic. IMG_0935.jpg
IMG_0934.jpg
IMG_0937.jpg
IMG_0936.jpg
IMG_0938.jpg
IMG_0939.jpg
That shovel is the most strongest shovel made on the planet I have broken every other one if you don’t have that shovel you ain’t breaking through the brick. Also for you new to the hobby if you’re not digging trash you’re not gonna find anything my pin pointer is my shovel. I had a wonderful year at this Fort and I invite anybody who wants to try it’s the old Spanish Fort in New Orleans. Merry Christmas

Upvote 31

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds brother! Hell, I wanna come down just for the gumbo :occasion14:. What shovel is that?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!! Way to stick with it!! The 4khz is a little hard to get along with in My sites too. I've found it best for sites that have been pounded with most things gone.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds brother! Hell, I wanna come down just for the gumbo :occasion14:. What shovel is that?

I’ve broken every shovel they make at Predator Tools last one being the piranha I asked the guy are they using cheaper iron and he got upset and said send me $20 and I’m going to send you a big red which is never been broken and he told me not to call him back anymore LOL It breaks to bricks like butter

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oh and Erik my wife makes the best combo with a dark room that were literally have you not thinking about metal detecting and I’m not exaggerating.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!! Way to stick with it!! The 4khz is a little hard to get along with in My sites too. I've found it best for sites that have been pounded with most things gone.

Diggers I totally agree may be a maybe if something was pounded And a lot of the nails were gone in the trash and put it on for kilohertz so I could go deep but I must’ve met with the large coil on my equinox it already goes deep IMG_0738.jpg
IMG_0737.jpg

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the half dime Dean, looks like lots of detail left on it. It will be sweet after the tarnish is off.

Once again I'll repeat myself and say you are the most persistent, dedicated person who richly deserves every sweet find you get!!
Don

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...I didn't realize there were so many overlapping uses at that fort site and that the debris there was so thick and hard.
You've earned every coin and relic you extract from that site!
I'll keep in mind getting a Big Red if I ever plan to excavate brick piles...:laughing7:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the half dime Dean, looks like lots of detail left on it. It will be sweet after the tarnish is off.

Once again I'll repeat myself and say you are the most persistent, dedicated person who richly deserves every sweet find you get!!
Don

Thank you so much for the kind words Don I just think I’m to stubborn to stop lol Merry Christmas my friend may you and your family be blessed with with fortune and good health. IMG_0940.jpg
IMG_0941.jpg
IMG_0942.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow...I didn't realize there were so many overlapping uses at that fort site and that the debris there was so thick and hard.
You've earned every coin and relic you extract from that site!
I'll keep in mind getting a Big Red if I ever plan to excavate brick piles...:laughing7:

If I ever get get in the game of finding gold in rocks I already prequalified lol

My arms hurt. If you ever notice I only find one good thing most of the time and that’s only when I post. Plenty of times it’s nothing uggh

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for the kind words Don I just think I’m to stubborn to stop lol Merry Christmas my friend may you and your family be blessed with with fortune and good health. View attachment 1888027
View attachment 1888028
View attachment 1888029
Same to you buddy. I see the 1/2 dime starting to clean up. Perhaps an hour soak in white vinegar for what's left of the build up on it and if the brown stain is still there a few drops of water in a little baking soda in the palm of your hand paste rubbed on it should do it. Good luck.

Don

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s awesome Truth! :occasion14:

If I was anywhere near your local I would happily take you up on your open invite!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A seated half dime is one thing I have never found!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh and Erik my wife makes the best combo with a dark room that were literally have you not thinking about metal detecting and I’m not exaggerating.

I'm assuming you meant to type dark roux and not dark room :laughing7: Sounds awesome--never been down your way, will have to endeavor to do so just for your wife's gumbo! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same to you buddy. I see the 1/2 dime starting to clean up. Perhaps an hour soak in white vinegar for what's left of the build up on it and if the brown stain is still there a few drops of water in a little baking soda in the palm of your hand paste rubbed on it should do it. Good luck.

Don

Hey Dan I’m on it now

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I go to hunt there , I'll end up guarding the truck instead...Not that the truck needs guarding , l.o.l..

Congrats on the halfdime!

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (Ophelia), Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Truth, I'm surprised none of the Lake Vistans have protested your digging there. That's a pretty high rent district.

My grandparents lived on Plover when I was growing up.

I metal detected there back in 2014 with my Bounty Hunter but was looking over my shoulder the whole time, waiting for the inevitable protest from some nearby homeowner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread