Went back to the old farm stands i found a nice green crotal bell ? a few wheats

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to try this old farm fields and produce stands from the mid 1800,s i went right after work tonight 1 hour before dark i think i found a really old site tomorrow ill hit it good for most of the day ,not really sure if i found a copper cow bell but its a neat find really green it has the letters B W on it and i found some wheat's all 1930,s and 1940,s and a few what is its? . Good hunting DD60

Attachments

• 4 wheats and finds.jpg
    4 wheats and finds.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 100_0688.jpg
    100_0688.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 456
  • copper bell 2.jpg
    copper bell 2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 445
  • 100_05673.jpg
    100_05673.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Went back to the old farm stands i found a nice green cow bell ? an a few wh

Very nice early marked bell. :thumbsup: There are people who are quite serious about collecting those.

vermonster

May 7, 2009
hootersville NY
Detector(s) used
whites prism IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Went back to the old farm stands i found a nice green cow bell ? an a few wheats

:hello:I like the bell- It looks like a promising spot !
vermonster

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Went back to the old farm stands i found a nice green cow bell ? an a few wheats

nice crotal bell congrats

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That ball is so cool. To bad the knife wasn't in better shape it looks like a Cattaraugus. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only thought those crotal bells where found in England and such so much for what i know :laughing7: thats cool then tonight i only hit the site quick hopefully tomorrow ill be able to hunt it most of the day weather permitting thanks all for the ID on that bell and old knife :thumbsup: DD60

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Went back to the old farm stands i found a nice green cow bell ? an a few wh

Iron Patch said:
Very nice early marked bell. :thumbsup: There are people who are quite serious about collecting those.
Really i had no idea what i found i have only seen very small ones Thanks for the Infro. :icon_thumleft: Dd60

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
Really i had no idea what i found i have only seen very small ones Thanks for the Infro. :icon_thumleft: Dd60

We've found many here but I don't recall any being marked other than numbers which is common.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
If you took my advice a couple weeks ago and cleaned those door locks you would have found that the two pieces on top in first pic are part of the guts of an old mortised lockset.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HCW said:
If you took my advice a couple weeks ago and cleaned those door locks you would have found that the two pieces on top in first pic are part of the guts of an old mortised lockset.
Those 2 pieces where at least 6 inches deep and have no rust at all i think they are solid copper or bronze that must of been 1 big lock today iam going to hit that area hard thanks for the infro. :icon_thumleft: Dd60

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
Deepdiger60 said:
HCW said:
Those 2 pieces where at least 6 inches deep and have no rust at all i think they are solid copper or bronze that must of been 1 big lock today iam going to hit that area hard thanks for the infro. :icon_thumleft: Dd60
My kids just dug an intact lock from a trash pit (probably 100+ years old) in our backyard and il'l betcha if I take it apart , grease it and put it back together, it will be as good as new. Those things are alot more durable than some people think. Lots of shapes and sizes too. I have worked on one as small as 2" by 2". And as big as 8" to 10" square. Youre right , I think the guts are bronze or copper and brass.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HCW said:
Deepdiger60 said:
HCW said:
My kids just dug an intact lock from a trash pit (probably 100+ years old) in our backyard and il'l betcha if I take it apart , grease it and put it back together, it will be as good as new. Those things are alot more durable than some people think. Lots of shapes and sizes too. I have worked on one as small as 2" by 2". And as big as 8" to 10" square. Youre right , I think the guts are bronze or copper and brass.
i went back yesterday to that field i think i found more parts to that lock there is so many hits that field is loaded thanks for the information :thumbsup: Dd60

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
That is a lovely bell! i have found many, all different sizes, but none with only letters. That seems like a good site. Keep 'em coming!

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
burglarifyoulike said:
That is a lovely bell! i have found many, all different sizes, but none with only letters. That seems like a good site. Keep 'em coming!
I have been looking for that bell with just the letters BW but no luck so far iam sure its listed somewhere Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions