Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the place where the subdivision is being built and I found that 1875 seated dime. (Might be counterfeit). This land has broken glass all over the place which they have spread with the mud. It rained last night and with this Louisiana mud my truck got stuck, so while I waited on the tow truck to come and pull me out, I went and did a little detecting in the wooded areas that haven't been cleared and wasn't that soggy clay. I guess I'm gonna start a bottle collection, because I found my first milk bottle, old coke and Budweiser bottles (not sure how old). All those shotgun shells were from one hole. The square nail was a eyeball find. IMG_0039.JPG IMG_0041.JPG IMG_0045.JPG IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0051.JPG

Does the number in the middle represent year? IMG_0047.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 10

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That wine carafe would be a good thing to throw your wheat pennies in. Hope you don't get stuck tomorrow.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
note to self, tow fees eat up all profit. been stuck a few times myself, heck, I even got a small dozer stuck one time years ago (long story). hope you find something good, got to be something around there somewhere

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That wine carafe would be a good thing to throw your wheat pennies in. Hope you don't get stuck tomorrow.

Yeah $70 + embarrassment was a rough start. I hope it dries up by tomorrow. I'm telling you Loco this Louisiana mud clay is slicker than whale β€’β€’β€’β€’.

I thought it was a milk bottle because I know they used to get them in that metal holder with 6 quarts. That's why I thought the back of the bottle had that indention. IMG_0052.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh I also found a hand forged chain of like seven links and some of the links are rusted together so I have them soaking in Vapo-Rust. upload1494719745.635176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Nice finds!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice bottles! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread