Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....beaver tails that is. Me and my bud hit the Old Spanish Fort Park and I’ve been the a hand full of times with no luck. It’s so hunted out, but got out the truck and hit a buffalo, so I knew it’d be a mid tone kinda day...boy was it. 4 Buffs, 2 where 1920, my personal record. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG
Some serious digging at least 50 pulltabs alone, but I was in that zone already. Damn that first buffalo. IMG_0012.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 22

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Sheesh, way to go T! I think I've only got 6 or 7 buffs on the year. That's a great day in my book. I like finding a buff more than finding a V.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did so many people pull thier tabs off it does nothing for me just dont get it

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sheesh, way to go T! I think I've only got 6 or 7 buffs on the year. That's a great day in my book. I like finding a buff more than finding a V.

Believe it or not I used to find more V’s at this one particular park, so it made Buffalos the one’s I wanted more. Lol Nickels are so challenging in a pulltab infested area you really have to comment and drink a lot of coffee. Lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why did so many people pull thier tabs off it does nothing for me just dont get it

This particular area was also used by my generation in the 80’s we drank so much beer (15-18) and threw the tabs. So who would of thought I’d be cleaning up all our trash 35 years later. Lol

But yeah I’ve never popped of a tab off a can in 35 years. What’s the point?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason I have ever pulled a tab off of a can was because it pulled my mustache hair out and that hurts like heck.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only reason I have ever pulled a tab off of a can was because it pulled my mustache hair out and that hurts like heck.

Now that I can see. I don’t drink anymore and soft drinks aren’t my thing so I’ve never had the mustache snag. Lol

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those buffs are hard to find around here anymore. Nice to see so many in the same place. Having found 2 that are 1920 would make me want to go back just one more time. Congrats!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old beaver style pull tabs had to be pulled off all the way, or you could not drink the pop/beer. Well, you might be able to, but you would be wearing 3/4 of the can's contents ! Congrats on your Buffalo's Truth. I'd dig all those "tails" for 4 Buff's.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Truth, Very Nicely Done!

And great commentary too!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The old beaver style pull tabs had to be pulled off all the way, or you could not drink the pop/beer. Well, you might be able to, but you would be wearing 3/4 of the can's contents ! Congrats on your Buffalo's Truth. I'd dig all those "tails" for 4 Buff's.

Lots of old braver style pull tabs. Why do people break off the tabs these days?

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The irony of it is, Truth was one of the ones pulling and throwing the pull tabs on the ground at that very location back in the day!!! roflmao.gif

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had another great hunt with ya Truth, hopefully I can figure out this video editing and get some pics rolling... "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread