Went clad huntin today

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Went clad huntin' today

Found lots of it and dug lots of trash at a local school today. Figured with the rain headed this way, I'd gt out for a bit this morning, and nobody would be around the school. Found $7.38, some of it just laying in the grass :laughing7:

PB270024_zpskhkxvpqg.jpg

Found this, unsure what it is. Exactly same size as penny, 'bout twice as thick, back is blank.

Image160_zpsgcemti9z.jpg

I'm guessing somebody else had been detecting elsewhere, then came to this school to MD, because this wheatie was laying on top of the grass. Bet they accidentally dropped it?

Image161_zpstmvvnqbg.jpg

Was nice to just get out for a while. I'd forgotten to bring-along some research to drive by some possible places to get permission. Probably do that over the weekend while it's raining.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good quarter day!
24 in one outing just about ties my best!
Were you discriminating out the mid tones (nickels)?

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a lot of quarters :thumbsup:. You did better than I did today.
BTW Welcome to the forums.

OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Good quarter day!
24 in one outing just about ties my best!
Were you discriminating out the mid tones (nickels)?

Failed to mention I was using the Vaquero with the 10x12 coil, yep was above nickle range. Started-out digging lots of pulltabs, so I disc'd them out. Lots of fill and trash, some of the memorials were 6-8".

That's a lot of quarters :thumbsup:. You did better than I did today.
BTW Welcome to the forums.

LOL, if I'm diggin' clad, I just as soon it be quarters and up. I was at a park one time where they used to hold the town fair, set in one spot with my pinpointer picking-up change. Thanks for the welcome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread