Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bushlight

Aug 24, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250 hanging on the wall,Whites mxt,garrett at pro that the girlfriend uses now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they are build pretty good. Somebody or "thing" put some time in building them

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my guess is ---- a purifaction or "sweat lodge" as some call it --- built to sweat out the "bad" spirits and cleanse ones spirit --- commonly used amoung certain native american tribes during their religious rites. (the fire and smoke cause intense heat to build up in it)--- also can be used as a survival type shealter in a pinch. but if you dodn't make it , I wouldn't "use it" --- kinda like hunting out of anothers deer stand --folks can be awful touchy about such stuff.

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
As soon as I saw the pics I thought sweatlodge, like some of the others, would like to see the inside if you can get more pictures...

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still lookin at those. That's way too much work for a sweat lodge. You can just put up a frame work and throw some blankets or tarp or what ever over it to hold the steam in. There won't be a fireplace inside of it, but there will be a spot where you put the heated rocks after you carry them in. I wouldn't build a fire inside one of those because one little spark and they'd go up real quick. I wouldn't even want to stay in that cause it's too closed in and looks like it would be hot to sleep in, and with all that greenery woven in every bug in the world would infest it. You ever find out what they were?

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't figured out what they are yet,but i believe they are possibly for cleansing of some sort.The area has some Indian history to it.Like i said i did see a small fire spot in one but it would be to small to sleep in with a fire i would think.I am going to try and get some pics of the inside.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My exbrotherinlaw used to build ones just like that on my inlaws property. He stayed in them like twentyfour hours at a time. Some kind of spirit cleansing.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jlb783 said:
Was Bear Grylls or Les Stroud recently in your town?
:dontknow:deer blind

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions