Went for Silver...brought home rocks...the good kind.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Went to detect an old 1800's schoolhouse that I've hunted before. Nothing exists anymore except some of the foundation stones that have been pushed to the side for the plow. Found nothing except a couple small buckles which I realized I left laying on the stones when I got back home...:BangHead:

It's about a mile and a half walk to the site by a creek through a field. I've hunted and found many arrowheads and pieces/artifacts years ago in the field but it wasn't plowed so I just walked right to the site finding a couple pieces of rock along the way. After an hour and a half and getting frustrated finding nothing I decided to head back.
What the?..Perfect piece at the bottom of the hill before the old corn field. Okay nice. Two feet later the scraper!! OK forget detecting for a while...two hours later and walking the unplowed field back and forth these are the finds. Not sure on all types but trying to learn on Projectile Point Identification Guide think I've identified a few, not quite sure so feel free to chime in. And YES, I broke the small point!! (I handed it to a guy at the local DG and said "Don't drop it"...he didn't...he handed it back and...I did :sad1:...found most of it I think...watched it in slow motion bounce of my boot that I tried to stick out to catch it...didn't work...lol HH!! Nice day for me.:tongue3:
IMG_20180317_205322.jpg IMG_20180317_205402.jpg IMG_20180317_205509.jpg IMG_20180317_205529.jpg IMG_20180317_205700.jpg IMG_20180317_205807.jpg

Upvote 23

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to detect an old 1800's schoolhouse that I've hunted before. Nothing exists anymore except some of the foundation stones that have been pushed to the side for the plow. Found nothing except a couple small buckles which I realized I left laying on the stones when I got back home...:BangHead:

It's about a mile and a half walk to the site by a creek through a field. I've hunted and found many arrowheads and pieces/artifacts years ago in the field but it wasn't plowed so I just walked right to the site finding a couple pieces of rock along the way. After an hour and a half and getting frustrated finding nothing I decided to head back.
What the?..Perfect piece at the bottom of the hill before the old corn field. Okay nice. Two feet later the scraper!! OK forget detecting for a while...two hours later and walking the unplowed field back and forth these are the finds. Not sure on all types but trying to learn on Projectile Point Identification Guide think I've identified a few, not quite sure so feel free to chime in. And YES, I broke the small point!! (I handed it to a guy at the local DG and said "Don't drop it"...he didn't...he handed it back and...I did :sad1:...found most of it I think...watched it in slow motion bounce of my boot that I tried to stick out to catch it...didn't work...lol HH!! Nice day for me.:tongue3:
View attachment 1565689 View attachment 1565690 View attachment 1565692 View attachment 1565697 View attachment 1565698 View attachment 1565699

Very nice, lairmo!! There's more than one kind of treasure out there!!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the native American history there mate. Very nice day out collecting some way cool rocks. Well done and fun!:headbang:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I can imagine the feeling, watching that beautiful point falling...breaking. ugh...but you found a bunch of awesome points, congrats on that! Gorilla glue...lol..Ddf

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I be really happy to get that many points and artifacts on an outing, congrats.

A dab of cement on the clean break will probably fix the point back up.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great day of hunting, awesome Native American artifacts!

OP
OP
lairmo

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Thanks for all the replies!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread