tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my bike out to look for artifacts after I did the mowing and got the swamp cooler all up and going for the hot season. Along the way I took a few pictures and saw herons, a kingfisher and a big owl who flew off in the woods. I did take a picture of one of the herons and a coyote that didn't see me coming in time to run off before I could get one shot of him and some little baby mallards with their mama and papa. Sometime I'm going to get up before the sun and head to this creek and take my time and try to get some more pictures of the birds I see along it. Got to the artifact hunting area and found what looks like the jaw of a leg trap is all and this little cactus about the size of a golf ball that has flowered. Finding that trap jaw only tells me I haven't covered the whole area enough to call that place completely looked over yet, so I'll keep at it when time permits. I can only wonder how old that piece of trap is?

Attachments

• bike ride 060516 1.jpg
    bike ride 060516 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
  • bike ride 060516 2.jpg
    bike ride 060516 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • bike ride 060516 3.jpg
    bike ride 060516 3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
  • bike ride 060516 4.jpg
    bike ride 060516 4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • bike ride 060516 5.jpg
    bike ride 060516 5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • bike ride 060516 6.jpg
    bike ride 060516 6.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Love the pictures! It is really something how beautiful flowers come forth from such unfriendly plants.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again my friend....once again. WOW! Nice photos! Love the cactus.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah seeing the little cactus was a pleasant surprise. Growing up in the Midwest I somehow formed an interest in cactus, because there were none. I remember my mom would go to the greenhouse sections of a store and I'd see the little potted blooming cactus and sometimes she'd be kind enough to buy me one. I wanted a verity as a collection and I had maybe five different kinds. I collected all kinds of things back then. Out of the whole area I searched for arrowheads or what ever possible artifact, this tiny little cactus was the only one I saw. You can sure see how it would sure jump out at ya, as your focusing on the ground with the beautiful little blooms it had. I took a picture from when I saw it standing up and you how small it is. I believe it's whats known as a "Smallflower Fishhook Cactus" from what I found online.

Attachments

• bike ride 060516 7.jpg
    bike ride 060516 7.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 54

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All those are awesome pics, but that coyote is HARD to get!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All those are awesome pics, but that coyote is HARD to get!
It was one shot and it looks like a hair from my head hung over the lens as I can't think what else that slight blur is in the center. Coyotes are abundant around here.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
They're abundant around here, also. ...But so is thick cover!

Hammer Stone

May 19, 2016
Deep Woods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Pics ! I Love the one of the coyote, there are a lot of them where I live & thay are very active at night. I have only seen one during the day in the 8 months I've lived here. Very elusive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread