dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Is that a harmonica or a pocket knife by the bottle?

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the story behind the site, is it an old logging camp? What coins did you find there?

OP
OP
M

megnpat

Apr 30, 2013
bellaire MI
Detector(s) used
somethin with a round thing on it ;)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a pocket knife it looks like an old swiss army cause the piece on teh side where the name is looks the same as an old one i have already. now what interests me are the two rocks in the middle they are lightweight and porous like lava rock but they set off the detector and they have really polished shine on them like real small facets. yes it is an old logging camp,there were two of them on my property plus 3 dams on the creek that runs thru them one dam site i found gears pulleys and such from a sawmill and i found an 1891 seated liberty dime there the site dates back to the early 1840's there are no signs of buildings anymore except square areas full of nails here and there so i started searchin them but its been a long and tough dig as i am pulling the nails out,(i devised a method for this i use a plastic colander when i get nails and alot of iron signal i fill the colander with dirt and rinse it thru with water from the creek) ive found a few odds and ends an old gold plated watch front,a silver spoon,two flasks(they are in very bad condition tho one is still sealed as far as i can tell) and the front of an old wood stove

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep on digging! More goodies will come! Congrats.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs - gotta be more out there. Good luck on return hunts!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sweet finds so far, keep em coming!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. :icon_thumright: It sounds like the kind of site you can hit repeatedly (when the weeds are low) and try to sniff out more keepers.

Your two rocks appear from the photo to be slag or bottom ash which is the left over from burning coal. It is made up of the noncombustible minerals that fuse together when molten.

HH

OP
OP
M

megnpat

Apr 30, 2013
bellaire MI
Detector(s) used
somethin with a round thing on it ;)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. :icon_thumright: It sounds like the kind of site you can hit repeatedly (when the weeds are low) and try to sniff out more keepers.

Your two rocks appear from the photo to be slag or bottom ash which is the left over from burning coal. It is made up of the noncombustible minerals that fuse together when molten.

HH

Would they be metallic? And fortunately this site is deep in the woods no weeds just trees and wild trillium at the moment

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would they be metallic? And fortunately this site is deep in the woods no weeds just trees and wild trillium at the moment

Being made of minerals it could have just about anything in it and could set off your detector.
If you are thinking meteorite, they do not typically have holes or bubbles in them.
a photo gallery of meteorwrongs

Nice you don't have to fight the weeds! :icon_thumright:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread