Went searching ion the Pa/Jersey border yesterday, biggest score ever.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up early to check out a possible wedding venue (it's a nice place, we'll probably book it) and decided to make a day out of hitting up banks in the area after my tour. Didn't find much, most said they have someone who regularly goes and picks up boxes and whatnot? Well anyway, I dropped by a PNC outside Phillipsburg, NJ... and hit my greatest score ever. Asked the tellers for any halves, they said they had some CWR's... took them, also took the rest of the CWR coin they had available...

12 rolls of halves; 5 solid rolls 40%, 2 rolls '64's, 2 rolls Franklins, 1 mixed roll Franklins and Walkers, 1 roll walkers. The last roll was regular bicentennials.
5 rolls of quarters; 3 solid rolls of silver washies, 1 mixed roll SLQ and silver Washies, last roll was uncirculated bicentennials.
18 rolls of dimes; 8 solid rolls of Silver Roosies, 6 solid rolls of Mercs, 1 roll of well-worn barbers. :D 3 rolls of regular dimes, latest date 1978.
7 rolls of nickels; 3 solid rolls of war nickels, 2 rolls of mixed Buffs, 2 rolls almost entirely pre-60 nicks, with several UNC examples.
22 rolls of cents; 1 roll of IHC's, the rest were wheats.

Still in shock. This was around 4:30, so I called it a day, went straight to my SDB, bagged 'em and dumped them all in there. I don't have any rolls left for most of this stuff. $175 in 90% silver, $50 in 40% silver, $6 in 35% silver nickels... Just a mind blowing dump I stumbled upon. That's what? $5k in silver? Something like that? :D

Didn't get to take any pics, was in a rush, I'll get some on Tuesday when I go back to grab the bags for inventorying and cherrypicking.

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how long ago was the collection dumped? did you ask?

I had a simliar, yet much smaller score - where I got handed 2 solid rolls of halves. the kid said someone dropped them off 3 weeks, and couldn't remember if they turned anthing else in with it. I wanted to buy all the other coins they had CWRs. I ended up getting 2 silver rosies from about 70 dollars worth. They said they had hundred in quarters, and 10 out front. I bought the $10, and of course skunked.

NICE SCORE

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how long ago was the collection dumped? did you ask?

I had a simliar, yet much smaller score - where I got handed 2 solid rolls of halves. the kid said someone dropped them off 3 weeks, and couldn't remember if they turned anthing else in with it. I wanted to buy all the other coins they had CWRs. I ended up getting 2 silver rosies from about 70 dollars worth. They said they had hundred in quarters, and 10 out front. I bought the $10, and of course skunked.

NICE SCORE

Thanks guys.

Nah I didn't ask, I peeked at a couple ends while they were handing over the rolls, tossed them in my canvas bag, tried to keep a straight face, and got out of there before anybody said "Hey, wait a minute..."

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Post some pictures. I need something to Fap to :notworthy:

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is so far fetched. There's no way. Is this the PNC next to the home depot?

Last edited:

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
This post alone will lead me into a downward spiral of obsessive bank trips until my car breaks down, my girlfriend leaves me and I'm left with nothing but enough clad to fill a swimming pool.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crhstreetwalker said:
This is so far fetched. There's no way. Is this the PNC next to the home depot?

I'm skeptical.... Sure are a lot of solid rolls being found and I've never had more than 2 silver In a roll .

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 8 solid rolls in 8 days. It might be that time of year? this is my first year, so who knows.

Heavily weighted on the 40%ers, but it all adds up!

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up early to check out a possible wedding venue (it's a nice place, we'll probably book it) and decided to make a day out of hitting up banks in the area after my tour. Didn't find much, most said they have someone who regularly goes and picks up boxes and whatnot? Well anyway, I dropped by a PNC outside Phillipsburg, NJ... and hit my greatest score ever. Asked the tellers for any halves, they said they had some CWR's... took them, also took the rest of the CWR coin they had available...

12 rolls of halves; 5 solid rolls 40%, 2 rolls '64's, 2 rolls Franklins, 1 mixed roll Franklins and Walkers, 1 roll walkers. The last roll was regular bicentennials.
5 rolls of quarters; 3 solid rolls of silver washies, 1 mixed roll SLQ and silver Washies, last roll was uncirculated bicentennials.
18 rolls of dimes; 8 solid rolls of Silver Roosies, 6 solid rolls of Mercs, 1 roll of well-worn barbers. :D 3 rolls of regular dimes, latest date 1978.
7 rolls of nickels; 3 solid rolls of war nickels, 2 rolls of mixed Buffs, 2 rolls almost entirely pre-60 nicks, with several UNC examples.
22 rolls of cents; 1 roll of IHC's, the rest were wheats.

With that luck you probably got some 3 legged uncirculated in there.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post alone will lead me into a downward spiral of obsessive bank trips until my car breaks down, my girlfriend leaves me and I'm left with nothing but enough clad to fill a swimming pool.

LOL I fear I may suffer the same fate

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice score but.... worthless.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread