Went searching ion the Pa/Jersey border yesterday, biggest score ever.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up early to check out a possible wedding venue (it's a nice place, we'll probably book it) and decided to make a day out of hitting up banks in the area after my tour. Didn't find much, most said they have someone who regularly goes and picks up boxes and whatnot? Well anyway, I dropped by a PNC outside Phillipsburg, NJ... and hit my greatest score ever. Asked the tellers for any halves, they said they had some CWR's... took them, also took the rest of the CWR coin they had available...

12 rolls of halves; 5 solid rolls 40%, 2 rolls '64's, 2 rolls Franklins, 1 mixed roll Franklins and Walkers, 1 roll walkers. The last roll was regular bicentennials.
5 rolls of quarters; 3 solid rolls of silver washies, 1 mixed roll SLQ and silver Washies, last roll was uncirculated bicentennials.
18 rolls of dimes; 8 solid rolls of Silver Roosies, 6 solid rolls of Mercs, 1 roll of well-worn barbers. :D 3 rolls of regular dimes, latest date 1978.
7 rolls of nickels; 3 solid rolls of war nickels, 2 rolls of mixed Buffs, 2 rolls almost entirely pre-60 nicks, with several UNC examples.
22 rolls of cents; 1 roll of IHC's, the rest were wheats.

Still in shock. This was around 4:30, so I called it a day, went straight to my SDB, bagged 'em and dumped them all in there. I don't have any rolls left for most of this stuff. $175 in 90% silver, $50 in 40% silver, $6 in 35% silver nickels... Just a mind blowing dump I stumbled upon. That's what? $5k in silver? Something like that? :D

Didn't get to take any pics, was in a rush, I'll get some on Tuesday when I go back to grab the bags for inventorying and cherrypicking.

Upvote 0

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I am so blissfull, disgustingly, happily jealous. =) Way to go!!

it's like playing the lottery. Bummed if you don't win but as long as it isn't a millionaire winning, I'm glad someone else won it. LOL

Hugs and Smiles
-Garoulady

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
GarouLady said:
I am so blissfull, disgustingly, happily jealous. =) Way to go!!

it's like playing the lottery. Bummed if you don't win but as long as it isn't a millionaire winning, I'm glad someone else won it. LOL

Hugs and Smiles
-Garoulady

My thoughts exactly!

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
<----crawls out from underneath my rock....

Great googily-moogily!

YAHTZEE!!!!!!

H$H!!
TGB

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
I have found tons of solid rolls, quarters, dimes, pennies, and halves. The only problem was they was just what was marked on them. Lol

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pictures are gonna be great and people are going to be skeptical of a score like this but you never know. The person who got me into coin roll hunting once scored 430$ in BWR 1964 kennedys uncirculated BWR that is. Its very simple for someone to pass away and a younger person to know nothing about silver and cash in collections like this, or a possible stolen collection. I hope someday i walk into a bank that some idiot drops of 43 rolls of uncirculated 1964s at. Needless to say i woyuld take a month off from CRH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread