Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went Swingin' at the Motel

Got out Saturday with xGregx at a local motel that was built in the mid to late 1950's. Man talk about hard diggin. About 3inches under the turf was the small limestone gravel that just made your hands ache when retrieving a target. Greg pulled the only wheatie. No silver, but we were close. Most all of the change that we pulled was from the early 60's. I pulled a token that said "No Cash Value" on the one side and "Pocket Change" on the other.
Sorry no pics of the finds as they were nothing spectacular, and clad is clad.

Here's a pic. of the Motel

HH

DJH

Attachments

• 3pts Motel.jpg
    3pts Motel.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 350

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Re: Went Swingin' at the Motel

jerseydevil and decided to do the trip to Bass lake..well...we were there for *maybe* 10 minutes and decided to leave and hit another site we discoverd on our way down. He found his first merc dime...I found a wheat. So jerseydevil outhunted me...but it's all good...I'm happy for him (are ya buying that one?!) :D

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vibes said:
He found his first merc dime...I found a wheat. So jerseydevil outhunted me...but it's all good...I'm happy for him (are ya buying that one?!) :D

jerseydevil's on a roll, First silver at Clay Park and now a Merc. ROCK-ON!!!! That Ace 250 is smokin' :thumbsup:

That's ok Vibes, you still have the biggest piece of silver I have seen dug lately around this neck of the woods.

Take is Bass Lake wasn't all it was cracked up to be, or I'm sure we would have read something here about it. This past weekend I was the one with the Honey Do list ;D

Later and HH

DJH

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

Bass Lake might, someday pay-off...but I think we got sidetracked and figured the grass is greener at this other site....so off we went. We hunted for a bit then it started to rain:( We then hit it for home. I had fun...I thought we did good conversation as there was never a lull in conversation during the hour + drive. I'm a talker as a matter of fact the hubby sez that when I get on a roll he feels he needs a squirt bottle , mist the tongue to keep it moist. ::)

DJH...the motel pic looks like it's straight outta the 50's! Some sort of time warp.

Anyone wanna hunt THIS weekend?

Be the fun!
T

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA350 , Fisher F-70

Hey that motel is about 5mins.from my house,Didn't think about trying there.(smacking hand against forehead!)

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-

I am always game for a hunt hehe... Hotel was ok lol but what a pain to dig in "rocks"

Smasher DJH and me must be close to you also

Greg

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smasheriii2004 said:
Hey that motel is about 5mins.from my house,Didn't think about trying there.(smacking hand against forehead!)

Smasher,

I can honestly say you did not miss anything at this site at all.

I feel that for the time we were there, we pounded it pretty good. No silver to be had, and with the gravel just 3" under the soil, the coins didn't seem to sink that deep. Most finds were within the 4" depth with the gravel holding them shallow.

So if there was silver I would certainly have thought that we would have scored some for sure. >:(

Vibes, this hotel would be good for a Norman Bates movie, as it does have that Psycho feel to it a bit.

Later Michana Diggers and HH

DJH

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-

or something out of night of the living dead "Brains" more "Brains"

got to love zombie movies :_)

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero

vibes said:
I'm a talker as a matter of fact the hubby sez that when I get on a roll he feels he needs a squirt bottle , mist the tongue to keep it moist. ::)
LMAO!!!!
That was a good trip Vibes Im gonna hit the water at Bass lake sometime...I can smell the gold in there!
It was about time I found some silver coinage...all this silver jewelry is taking up space in my treasure chest,lol...just kidding.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

JD,

I'm hopin' you hit those waters hard!!!!

Oh, and I still think those mowin' boys knew a bit more than they were sharin! :wink:

I bet MY treasure chest 2009 will out pace YOUR 2009 finds...naw, just messin' cause I hope we both do a solid " 2009 dang good!"

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

Those type of spots are either hit or miss, and I mean big one way or the other. I've either found alot of silver or absolutely none!! Shame it wasn't the "hit" spot!!

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jack(IN) said:
Those type of spots are either hit or miss, and I mean big one way or the other. I've either found alot of silver or absolutely none!! Shame it wasn't the "hit" spot!!
Jack,
It was the "Hit" that was good, but the miss on the Silver that was the bad.

It goes to show ya, If you don't go, you won't know.

HH
DJH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread