Went through $130 of halves today

MSUCE99

Apr 12, 2011
Power went out at the office today for a few hours, so I took an early lunch and hit the banks. I got $130 of halves to search.

On my FIRST roll, the SECOND coin in the roll was a bright, shiny 1969 Kennedy 40%er. I started to get excited about what the rest of the rolls might hold. :hello2:

However, the next $129 worth of halves all turned out to be duds. :(

Oh the highs and lows of CRHing... at least I have more silver today than yesterday!!

Upvote 0

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's MXT, Tesoro Compadre and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One is better than none. I hit up several banks today and could only find three rolls. No silver in any of them either.

OP
OP
M

MSUCE99

Apr 12, 2011
I was actually canvassing all the banks in town, looking for one with a coin sorter so I could give the nice girls at my bank a break from accepting all of my searched coins. NONE of the banks in my town have one in the lobby. The silver hunt was really just an afterthought today, after I poked my head in everywhere and checked out the lobbies.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to select a 2nd bank to open an account with. :-\ I'm still going to have to dump the coins on somebody.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MSUCE99 said:
I was actually canvassing all the banks in town, looking for one with a coin sorter so I could give the nice girls at my bank a break from accepting all of my searched coins. NONE of the banks in my town have one in the lobby. The silver hunt was really just an afterthought today, after I poked my head in everywhere and checked out the lobbies.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to select a 2nd bank to open an account with. :-\ I'm still going to have to dump the coins on somebody.

open up 3 new accounts, more banks the easier and lower key the dumping.

dpy52081

Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY
Is there a TD bank in your town or nearby, most of them have a coin machine that is free for members. It is well worth it, because if you have a good rapport with the tellers they might even let you search through the rejects. I always end up taking home at least one silver dime whenever I dump there. I also bring them donuts once a month. Even if you have to dump rolls, bring the tellers candy/donuts if you become a regular. If you do that, they will go from groaning every time they see you to being your BFF. I am sure most people on this forum will agree that making friends with the tellers is the BEST thing you can do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread