Went through a coin jar and found

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you found $1.95? find a few more and you can get a value meal at Mcdonalds!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe keep the nickel, but spend the rest.

OP
OP
N

newgoldfinder

Dec 19, 2013
Adams County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinwatchers gave an average value of 1 to 2 dollars a coin depending on the condition. I hade som nickels the the minimum value was 35cents a piece. I also found a 1965 quarter in good condition.

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinwatchers gave an average value of 1 to 2 dollars a coin depending on the condition. I hade som nickels the the minimum value was 35cents a piece. I also found a 1965 quarter in good condition.

In reality, the values for modern coinage in price guides really mean nothing. They are just space fillers of what coin shops charge for these common issues, usually absolute ripoffs. In higher grades (AU+, but even AU is a stretch)for the earlier (pre-1970) issues, they may be worth slightly higher than face value to select collectors. Good luck on your venture, but don't expect much profit.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
always fun to go through a coin jar....good luck in your treasure hunts.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A book or a website's opinion can be next to worthless. Even some of the big boys can get things very very wrong. Anyone who collects or deals with Foreign coins knows about the HUGE disconnect between the NGC/Krause online catalog values and what coins actually sell for. For example, I found a coin yesterday that the book value was $1000......selling on Ebay for $85. Talk about a huge disappointment!!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Those values are simply not true. Spend all but the nickel.

OP
OP
N

newgoldfinder

Dec 19, 2013
Adams County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I will just put them on Ebay and make them sound worth more than they really are. Maybe some one who doesn't know better will buy them. LOL. I was on ebay earlier and saw a guy trying to sell a 1965 quarter for over $200. No way they are worth that much. If so I got 3 in really good condition.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I will just put them on Ebay and make them sound worth more than they really are. Maybe some one who doesn't know better will buy them. LOL. I was on ebay earlier and saw a guy trying to sell a 1965 quarter for over $200. No way they are worth that much. If so I got 3 in really good condition.

There is a huge difference between "trying to sell" and "sold." I can try to sell a bag of dryer lint online for $1,000,000 - doesnt mean it is worth that much or that anyone will buy it. But by all means, put them online, maybe someone will pay an extra dollar or two for them. Then after ebay listing fees, ebay final value fees, paypal fees, postage and packaging, you will have lost money.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it grades MS70 it would be worth way more than that. Even MS68's are tough that year. A PCGS graded MS67 is valued at $950.00

Last edited:

jasper62

Feb 8, 2009
Georgia
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer 202 / garrett ace 250

If you tried ,Do you think you could be a little more dishonest?

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep anything before 1965 except nickles I keep war nickles and pre 1938 other then that. spend them...

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm I thought the LOL in my post made It a joke:laughing7:. Come on ya'll I was just joking. And YES honesty is the best policy.

I knew you were joking...but hell, I have seen stranger things sell on there...and people have been happy. I got a box of all 2012-d's in great shape. I put a few on ebay fro 2.50 free shipping...and they all sold within 2 hours....I ended up keeping about 6 rolls of them because they were in perfect shape

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions