Went through some halves yesterday, snagged a key date (pics)

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went through 6 boxes yesterday, most of which were skunks. I did score a 64 from a teller tray, she saved it for me knowing I would want it, very cool. One of the boxes had a 68, and another had a 64 and a 48D ben. The 48 in really nice shape compared to the 49 I found a while ago, possibly even MS60? I dont know the markers, but the writing on the bell looks pretty good. Tried to capture the details in these pics. HH everyone!

scaled.php

Upvote 0

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find Namster and in nice condition. At least XF IMO.:icon_thumright:

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went through 6 boxes yesterday, most of which were skunks. I did score a 64 from a teller tray, she saved it for me knowing I would want it, very cool. One of the boxes had a 68, and another had a 64 and a 48D ben. The 48 in really nice shape compared to the 49 I found a while ago, possibly even MS60? I dont know the markers, but the writing on the bell looks pretty good. Tried to capture the details in these pics. HH everyone!

Awesome find.. Nothing like a key date silver... I hope the good finds keep coming your way...

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coin, from the photos is not a MS 60 coin. BUT, it's very cool. I just don't like my friends thinking they have something they don't.

PCGS Photograde Online

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Ben! I've got his twin brother right here - found it about 6 months ago. Your coin looks a little better than mine-like a nice AU55ish coin with all that luster, but any rub at all on the high points make it not MS. Sweet coin though!

Attachments

• image-2311401863.jpg
    image-2311401863.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 90

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I know very strong examples of Franklins go for big premiums because there are not many out there. I think hey have to be free of bag marks though, and also be classified as a strong strike. Not bad boxes really!

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input fellas. I guess I was being optimistic about its grade, I am very happy with it in any case.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not believe that is an MS. There is very weak bell lines from circulation. I would grade it NET Au 55 with the luster but some wear.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd call that an AU53, good shape for a coin that came out of a roll, reminds me of a bunch of franklins I found a while back. :)

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a 48D if not exactly, then just a little bit nicer than yours about 3 months ago. I believe the only year I haven't found yet is the 55.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find, i don't know of the grade, but looks real nice!
hope you find more of that batch,
hh
buff

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Namster! I filled several Franklin holes in August for my found in the wild Dansco....can't recall if I have that one or not. I also found one of the walkers with the obverse mint mark, unfortunately its in rough shape, but even at that redbook has it around 50-80$

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread