Went through some halves yesterday, snagged a key date (pics)

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went through 6 boxes yesterday, most of which were skunks. I did score a 64 from a teller tray, she saved it for me knowing I would want it, very cool. One of the boxes had a 68, and another had a 64 and a 48D ben. The 48 in really nice shape compared to the 49 I found a while ago, possibly even MS60? I dont know the markers, but the writing on the bell looks pretty good. Tried to capture the details in these pics. HH everyone!

scaled.php

Upvote 0
Very nice find Namster and in nice condition. At least XF IMO.:icon_thumright:

Went through 6 boxes yesterday, most of which were skunks. I did score a 64 from a teller tray, she saved it for me knowing I would want it, very cool. One of the boxes had a 68, and another had a 64 and a 48D ben. The 48 in really nice shape compared to the 49 I found a while ago, possibly even MS60? I dont know the markers, but the writing on the bell looks pretty good. Tried to capture the details in these pics. HH everyone!

Awesome find.. Nothing like a key date silver... I hope the good finds keep coming your way...

That coin, from the photos is not a MS 60 coin. BUT, it's very cool. I just don't like my friends thinking they have something they don't.

PCGS Photograde Online

Nice Ben! I've got his twin brother right here - found it about 6 months ago. Your coin looks a little better than mine-like a nice AU55ish coin with all that luster, but any rub at all on the high points make it not MS. Sweet coin though!

Attachments

• image-2311401863.jpg
    image-2311401863.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 90
Very nice! I know very strong examples of Franklins go for big premiums because there are not many out there. I think hey have to be free of bag marks though, and also be classified as a strong strike. Not bad boxes really!

Thanks for the input fellas. I guess I was being optimistic about its grade, I am very happy with it in any case.

I do not believe that is an MS. There is very weak bell lines from circulation. I would grade it NET Au 55 with the luster but some wear.

I'd call that an AU53, good shape for a coin that came out of a roll, reminds me of a bunch of franklins I found a while back. :)

I found a 48D if not exactly, then just a little bit nicer than yours about 3 months ago. I believe the only year I haven't found yet is the 55.

great find, i don't know of the grade, but looks real nice!
hope you find more of that batch,
hh
buff

Nice one Namster! I filled several Franklin holes in August for my found in the wild Dansco....can't recall if I have that one or not. I also found one of the walkers with the obverse mint mark, unfortunately its in rough shape, but even at that redbook has it around 50-80$

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back