Went To A Civil War Site Today

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a site I know has been detected many times by many people but I figured I would try it for a while anyway. I was having fun then the pouring rain came and I didnt have anything to cover my control box so I had to leave. I did manage to get a buckle of some type (dont really know what), 3 bullets and lots of trash.

HH Twister

Attachments

• buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 492
  • bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 486
Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears you have two possible Civil War era bullets and one modern bullet, looks like a Sierra or Speer brand contemporary bullet. Monty

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Nice finds twister. I wish we had some of that in the northeast.

I came across this and thought it was interesting so I figured I would pass it along. It turns out that country music singer Darryl Worley has done some metal detecting in the civil war sites in Tennessee. The local radio station was talking about an interview with him and his metal detecting for civil war things. Also, one of his new songs is about one of those battles. Here's a little more info.

Glenn

“Shiloh” (Darryl Worley/Wynn Varble/Don Poythress): I grew up on the opposite side of the Tennessee River from the Shiloh battlefield. We spent a lot of time there when I was younger, and I’ve recently been back a couple of times. I used to hunt for relics, musket balls and things like that. I love Civil War history, and that site is just an awesome place to visit. You think,“My God, look at the people who died here.” And at this time we’re in, in American history, I thought it would be really cool to have a song that would basically say, “United we stand, divided we fall.” That’s the message of the song, because the Battle Of Shiloh is a good example of that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cleaner bullets! First issued to The Union Troops around Nov. of 1863. Most of the time the Soldiers would just throw them away. Nice find. Tsgman

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find's Twister...Found my first cleaner bullet myself this year,sorry can't help you on the buckle.If you need some help I.D.ing bullet's,talk to the man above me(Tsgman).....Gotta love the Civil War though....Congrat's and HH!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love them bullet finds Twister! ;D

Don't know about the buckle but very nice finds today!

Nana ;)

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vey Nice find! Get a lot of WWII bullets here!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
great finds...Get some shower caps to use in the rain to cover your machine...they work great...
Darryl Worley.....love that new song!

S

southbound

Congrats on the relics.Looks great!
Hey Gypsy, i met Darryl Worley when i was in Kuwait. He is a very nice person.
Vern

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread