Went to another spot not to where out my welcome at Bust Paradise.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a old spot just to get 2 hours in this morning. I found a 1949’s silver plated spoon and a couple of nothing, but one of these nothings I have a personal love for. It’s a K&B cap of something. K&B was a local New Orleans Drug store chain that sold EVERYTHING from K&B ice cream to K&B vodka and everything in between and was quality. Every house hold in New Orleans had purple things in there house. Every kid had purple pencils rarely yellow. I would ride my bike there as a little boy, look at comic books and bring my mom back a pack of cigarettes. I’ve never found anything K&B until now, but I buy things K&B when I see it. I love this thing lol IMG_0012.JPG Personal Treasure/local history IMG_0012.JPG My K&B collection IMG_0012.JPG
That pen was hard to find. It was my favorite pen, out of all the 60 pens I had rapped in a rubber band, I keep it in the very center. I only used it to right girls notes because it wrote in purple and the ink smell like violet. Those where the best of days. Innocent times.

P.S. I had time to do a lot of thinking this morning while digging. I bought the 6” coil, which I love don’t get me wrong, but I bought it to “lessen my digging”. Well I come to realize that no matter what I’m gotta dig it, if it sounds half way semi decent, I’m gonna dig it. I’m 80% digger 20% detectorist. I’m just a filthy digger and all I’ll ever be is a filthy digger. IMG_0012.JPG

I bet I’d be one hell of a bottle hunter. I’m doing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 20
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey I remember K&B stores, but kinda forgot about them til now.
You did better than me. I had the day off and went riding around this morning looking for a place to dig.
I didn't even turn my detector on.
Ended up doing a little probing at a house tear-out/construction site, and found a couple bottles, but nothing worth keeping.
Called it a day by 0930.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds but liked your total the best, "not to wear out my welcome at bust paradise." Lol, I'm still looking for bust paradise and not necessarily coins either.[emoji1]

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I remember K&B stores, but kinda forgot about them til now.
You did better than me. I had the day off and went riding around this morning looking for a place to dig.
I didn't even turn my detector on.
Ended up doing a little probing at a house tear-out/construction site, and found a couple bottles, but nothing worth keeping.
Called it a day by 0930.

Yeah this was a 1940’s house demolition. Not a hot spot. I’ve been watching these Southern boys doing that bottle digging, dig down to 15feet with only a shovel!!! It’s incredible I tell yah.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds but liked your total the best, "not to wear out my welcome at bust paradise." Lol, I'm still looking for bust paradise and not necessarily coins either.[emoji1]

ecmo you know me I’m going at 6am before work tomorrow. I have to hold myself back because if it was up to me I’d go everyday, but this is going to be a long time deal. He also owns the land across the road where he said they moved a 1800’s carousel from the property in 1920 buy the river. He said he read they had many of party over there. It’s over grown but later he wants to build a boat launch and said he’ll have to bulldoze the dirt away. And he said it’s all mine to check before he hauls it away. He’s a great guy and he seems to appreciate my passion. It also helps he loves history himself. I spoke with the agent who was sold the property and she was so happy he bought the property because it’s gonna that sooo much money to restore the house that 9 out of 10 buyers would’ve just knocked it down and built knew on such a huge property on this private street. The house itself is a history book and he knows I’ve had a total love affair with this house for 2 years when I first saw it vacant. I would just drove over there and just look at it.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Brought back some childhood memories for you :icon_thumleft:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you have a nox the fastest machine made the discrimination works you just have to trust it . digging all that iron wears ME out .sure there are good targets being masked by iron but the odds are pretty low proven by your pile of iron , you have to learn to trust your NOX or maybe you should get a PI and dig everything.but thats going to take alot more of your time .when you get old..and YOU will your not going to want to dig everything and thats the truth.....Truth.. that said your killing the bust dimes ...:laughing7:....:icon_thumright:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I would like to say that you have to be one of the hardest working metal detectorists on the planet. I’ve never known anyone to wear out pin pointers as often as you do. Your stories and finds are amazing. I don’t know how you do it. You’re either working or detecting. Do you ever sleep? Your a good man. Take care.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Another awesome hunt.:icon_thumright:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I noticed from your profile you are self-employed. When you have your own business as I do, you feel guilty not working all the time and bringing in more money for the family. So you end up working long, long hours. My business is Internet based so I would probably be on the computer during all my waking hours. My wife, my two young grandsons, dog and metal detecting keep my my life more balanced. I absolutely will not hunt on the weekend, that is familyi time. I can do this since I set my own work schedule. At my age metal detecting is an active hobby that I can still do and enjoy. Sure I would like to find silver often l like a lot of guys, but it doesn't take much to make me happy on a hunt. I loved the line from the British TV series "The Detectorists" when the German guy ask Sophia "why do are you in the Danbury Metal Detecting Club?, you don't find much of anything of value." and she replied with a smile, "That is what we do best!". Lot of subtle British humor in that TV series. On many days that is what I do best, but it does not lessen my enjoyment of this great hobby.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Truth -- you never cease to impress! Congrats again mate! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you have a nox the fastest machine made the discrimination works you just have to trust it . digging all that iron wears ME out .sure there are good targets being masked by iron but the odds are pretty low proven by your pile of iron , you have to learn to trust your NOX or maybe you should get a PI and dig everything.but thats going to take alot more of your time .when you get old..and YOU will your not going to want to dig everything and thats the truth.....Truth.. that said your killing the bust dimes ...:laughing7:....:icon_thumright:

You are absolutely right I’ve always had a problem trusting my other machines.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First I would like to say that you have to be one of the hardest working metal detectorists on the planet. I’ve never known anyone to wear out pin pointers as often as you do. Your stories and finds are amazing. I don’t know how you do it. You’re either working or detecting. Do you ever sleep? Your a good man. Take care.

Hawks I truly truly appreciate that. I’m a loan originator and I work out of my house, my wife processes all the paperwork and I work at night found the numbers. I have bad insomnia so I average maybe 4 hours of sleep. I was out there a 5:30am and just got in. Lol Also it helps to be nuts 🥜

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed from your profile you are self-employed. When you have your own business as I do, you feel guilty not working all the time and bringing in more money for the family. So you end up working long, long hours. My business is Internet based so I would probably be on the computer during all my waking hours. My wife, my two young grandsons, dog and metal detecting keep my my life more balanced. I absolutely will not hunt on the weekend, that is familyi time. I can do this since I set my own work schedule. At my age metal detecting is an active hobby that I can still do and enjoy. Sure I would like to find silver often l like a lot of guys, but it doesn't take much to make me happy on a hunt. I loved the line from the British TV series "The Detectorists" when the German guy ask Sophia "why do are you in the Danbury Metal Detecting Club?, you don't find much of anything of value." and she replied with a smile, "That is what we do best!". Lot of subtle British humor in that TV series. On many days that is what I do best, but it does not lessen my enjoyment of this great hobby.

I love dry humor I guess because I’m half Welsh. Pulltab I’ve work all my life 70-80hr weeks big house, Porsche 911 the works, but after Katina I lost everything including a wife and I said I’m not going back to a having a big nut every month. My two boys are in College no grandchildren and me and my Queen have a low mortgage and paid off vehicles. I work ALOT less, but have more money in the bank then before. The wife doesn’t work so we see each enough at night and she often say,”When you going detecting!!!” :laughing

Life’s good with no guilt. And yes guilt is one of the only things that will bring me to my knees, so I know what you me. [emoji1317]

“Detectorist are the true Time Travelers” -The Detectorist

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions