Went to Freeport this weekend - Terrible flooding video added

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't have time to detect this weekend while I was in Freeport but I wish I did. There's alot of old buildings and Parks there. I went there with a buddy of mine to do some work for their school district.
We got there friday night with unbelieve lightning storms following us. I've never seen a thunderstorm last for 7-8 hours straight.
When we went to meet with the buildings and grounds guy from the school district Saturdau morning, they told us the power was out in all the schools so we had to stay an extra day.
The flooding was unbelievable and the neighboring town of Pearl City had no access to it from the flooding. There were houses half submerged in some spots.
Here's a video me and my buddy made driving thru a flooded road. He posted it to his youtube account. I'm the one filming. It was stupid to try this but we made it.
Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy the vid.
HH
John

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was some wicked water!

Glad to see you made it through OK without stalling like that small :Pblue car

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was some bad flooding on the road. Glad you didn't end up like the little car

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. There was no chance of us winding up in the drink. I could tell by looking the small plastic blue car that the dodge Ram Charger is much taller and way heavier that it, plus it's a 4x4. It got a little sketchy there for a minute though. You know how guys can get without adult supervision "Time to get stupid!".
HH
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread