Went to NFAR yesterday and all I got...

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...was a broken foot. And I didn't even get it a cool way, walking on a hard packed trail and this little rock tripped me up and came down on my left foot awkwardly after stumbling - the incline probably didn't help things.

I am in great physical shape and have put myself in some pretty sticky situations in the wilderness and never have I once hurt myself...then I go and do it on a hard packed trail ???

Mile and a half back to the car wasn't fun. Out of commission for a while which sucks because I have a new detector and some other toys on the way.

PART_1426457500324_DSC_0049.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry for your injury. I hike a lot like you and have not had any lengthy injury until I got home and lifted the pack out of the truck , tore my rotator cuff. One operation and 3 months of rehab then back to the rivers. You never know what's next.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Trail pebble takes it toll. Ice it, wrap, and take some Robitussun. I am in no way a doctor.

OP
OP
AU_Solitude

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Trail pebble takes it toll. Ice it, wrap, and take some Robitussun. I am in no way a doctor.

That's what I was advised to do by my sister who is an RN, fractured metatarsal so nothing really but time and taking it easy, not so severe surgery is needed thankfully.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
damn that sucks. I am sorry that happened.
If you have an Asian market near you, pick up some zheng gu shui, it works wonders for battered and bruised body parts.

The worst that I have had it is when a goddamn Whiskeytown Rec Area Ranger sounded his siren when I was panning.
I stood up quickly, slipped, fell an extra foot because I was at the top of a 1' waterfall and landed sideways right on my hip on a 30" or so rock and just wanted to lay there and die for a second. lol

I hobbled my very hurt butt up the hill (Couple hundred feet) to where my car was only to be detained and questioned for a while under suspicion of whatever because it was getting late, oh and they thought they recognized my car from a stabbing in Shasta Lake City (Even though I JUST brought my Mustang back from Missouri and my background is 100% clean and.... I DONT STAB PEOPLE! LOL).

Satisfied that they may have permanently deterred another person from ever panning in the park again, they left me to painfully go all the way back down, collect my pans and go home (As they sucked the last hour or so of good light away.)

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
damn that sucks. I am sorry that happened.
If you have an Asian market near you, pick up some zheng gu shui, it works wonders for battered and bruised body parts.

The worst that I have had it is when a goddamn Whiskeytown Rec Area Ranger sounded his siren when I was panning.
I stood up quickly, slipped, fell an extra foot because I was at the top of a 1' waterfall and landed sideways right on my hip on a 30" or so rock and just wanted to lay there and die for a second. lol

I hobbled my very hurt butt up the hill (Couple hundred feet) to where my car was only to be detained and questioned for a while under suspicion of whatever because it was getting late, oh and they thought they recognized my car from a stabbing in Shasta Lake City (Even though I JUST brought my Mustang back from Missouri and my background is 100% clean and.... I DONT STAB PEOPLE! LOL).

Satisfied that they may have permanently deterred another person from ever panning in the park again, they left me to painfully go all the way back down, collect my pans and go home (As they sucked the last hour or so of good light away.)
"This land is my land, this land is your land, from the Redwood forests to the Gulf Stream waters, this land was made for you and me!"--UH HUH, sure doesn't feel like it does it?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ayup, I am not the only case either up here.
Even non prospectors simply enjoying our land get harassed on a daily up there.

We pay the $25 dollar season pass, we pay the $1 dollar panning permit and still get treated like criminals.
Its not the first time that I have been harassed up there and I am sure that it wont be the last.

Woody I hope that you foot feels a lot better today and am wishing you a quick recovery.

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab: XT70, XT17000, Sov XS w/S-1 probe
Tesoro: Lobo ST, Toltec II
Whites 4900, Eagle II SL 90, Spectrum XLT
Falcon MD 20, Whites GMT, TDI Pro, Vibraprobe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"This land is my land, this land is your land, from the Redwood forests to the Gulf Stream waters, this land was made for you and me!"--UH HUH, sure doesn't feel like it does it?

I heard a different version: "This land's not your land. This land's not my land. It's BLM land, it's NFS land, it's National Park land, it's National Rec land. This lands not made for you and me."

Pretty much sums it up. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread