Went to the Barber for #59!

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Met up with Dennis (dbennett7) at 3:45 today in the 100 degree heat and he looked terrible. Soaked to the bone! When I got out of the Suv I thought "Do I want to look like that"? :icon_scratch: The heat was intense! Anyway I decided to give it a try. After about 15 minutes of nothing I hear, "Fred come and look at this". Dennis handed me a clump of dirt and I saw the glimmer of a silver rim. We cleaned it up with water and it was a beautiful 1920 Merc. I congratulated Dennis and then proceeded back to the area I was working and within about 5 minutes I hear, " You better get over here I think I have another silver". I turned and said, " This better be good because it is hot and that is a long 40 foot walk". It was worth the walk! A nice 1905 Barber dime. Totally awesome but I am down 2 silvers to nothing and with the heat I am starting to get depressed. We hunted for another hour and not much happened but we drank about a gallon of water each. We are both just trying to survive. :tongue3: Finally I get a decent signal at 6 inches and I can see the slight glimmer of silver so I call Dennis over to confirm. It is a beautiful 1911 Barber dime! :headbang: My 59th silver coin for 2012. We high fived and headed for home to recuperate from the heat of the hunt. Happy hunting to all. I love this hobby! :occasion14:

Last edited:

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
i am glad you got thru your barber drought now we have one more person to get in the barber club i hope for the day to be soon dennis ps now that you found one you have reached your limit

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You guys in the hinterlands out there are having a heck of a neck-to-neck tally season! We might have to setup a sports board on you guys! Nice work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread