Went to the beach...

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed to the condo with the wife for the weekend to do a lil beach huntin' Friday afternoon hit the low tide for a spin... found a spot lower than the rest of the beach, so thats where I hunted for 2 hours or so. I managed a few clad, a charm, enameled with a flower on the front, and it said bloom from within on the other side, think its silver, but can't find a mark. For the last 7 trips over to the condo I managed a ring. They were all silver so why should today be any different...
PC210004.jpg

Headed back and had some barley pops and watched a lil TV with the wifey, and we fried up some Redfish I caught out in the lagoon.
Had a few cups of coffe and watched the weather contemplating where to hunt since it was a dead high tide. I decided on Coin Beach where I have 100 plus days in a 6 ft wide path tight to the dunes and seawalls. So off I went, I was finding bits of copper and I thought that was quite intresting. Hittin coins here and there I worked my way down the beach, and ya won't believe what I dug next. I managed to pull out a nice fat Horse Shoe... So I figured its good luck ain't it? Well 2 targets later it was!!!
PC210002.jpg

While digging the bits of copper, I found this?
PC210007.jpg

Don't think its brass, and my acid test leads me to believe its gold?!! Not sure so I'll get my pawn shop buddie test it. It had lots of adhered matter but still is bright not hardly tarnished at all. Well I headed back and gave Roxy her early X-mas present and it fits!!!
Well I gave it a half hearted attempt at low tide figuring I wouldn't beat the 14k earlier in the day. I was right...
So Sunday it was a no Brainer where to go, back to coin beach to hunt the shell line that formed the day before but was even heavier laden with shells, and some heavier chunks of stuff. It was coin city, lots of quarters and nickles along with the usual crap, then the firsts... I found a creamation tag, said a quick prayer and heaved it back out far as I could. Just the day before I was telling the wife I have never found a Tiffany &Co. anything, as I was waiting for her to pick me up I had 10 minutes maybe so I hunted straight out from the walk over... bam a T&Co. heart charm with a braclet in the same hole. I tumbled the bracelet with my clad and its copper that was plated. I looked at the charm and it had the 925 stamp on the front, but it appears to be plated as well. I am guessing but its probably a fleamarket knock off.
PC210005.jpg

I did finish my straight shaft for the DF , I think I'm gonna like it. I took out the tape measure and in a normal swing I calculate I have gained 20 pct coverage on my normal swing, so I guestimate that should equal 20 pct more booty!!!
PC210010-1.jpg

I had a friend weld the handle on it, and I made a lower shaft from poplar, which is a tip I picked up from a guy here on the forum I met on the beach 2 weeks ago. I coated it with 3 coats poly, and it is just was light as the stock shaft, 2 bucks and easily remade. I will weld on the arm cuff out of some 4 in stock when I can find a piece. It feels a good bit longer and I'm sure it will take a lil gettin use to , but We're headin down to Punta Gorda for X-mas so I hope to meet up with some forum members so I can put a name with a face... Merry X-mas all.

Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
That gold ring is a real beauty! Congrats on saving that sucker from Davy Jones' locker!!!!

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Way to go on the gold!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions