Went to the park

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not much today but I spent most of the afternoon hunting in wet black sand at the baseball fields in the park. I was told that it couldn't be done so I had to try it out. It was insane. By the time I got the 505 figured out and set for these conditions my depth was only a few inches. And it would still beep at the occasional hot spot, but it sounds different than coins do. I found a quarter and a penny, but to be honest, it took a long time and that time could have been better spent somewhere else. I just had to see if the 505 was capable of doing it or not. After a couple of hours playing in the sand I went along the fence line and around a few benches and a tot lot. There was a surprising lack of things to find. It may have been hit by some one else. But the total take for about 4 hrs is shown in the picture. Not much to show but I still had a blast and love getting out there. Am going to another park tomorrow. Take care and happy hunting.

capt.

Attachments

• S6300162.JPG
    S6300162.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 238

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread