went today

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went today,found a little.nothing to write home about.i'm not even sure i found enough to pay for the gas.$40 for the truck,$8.00 for the can.i was going to go to a new place in ala. but the landowner had some thing come up ,and couldn't make it .maybe next time. still had a good time.my back is killing me, 2 goody's and no relief....but i did get luck and had some help loading up this evening. special thanks to marty, and gene. met them while i was dredging -real nice folks. i swear you meet some of the best people doing this great hobby of ours.also saw down home ,for a little while.glad to see him out and about. might not have done to great dredging but gained a friend. so all in all it was a good day.

downhome47

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2010
Sorry you didn't have better luck today. Thank you again for the use of your sluice. I really appreciate it. Hopefully next time I'll be able to spend the day with ya.

Sent you a pm about the ribbed mat.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are welcome anytime !!!!!

SSGohan2js

Jul 24, 2010
Glad I could be of help. Thanks for helping me out with that boulder and for the pick.

Yes, was awesome meeting you. I'm sure we'll do it again.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's right! Make some friends. That's what it's all about. Come out from under your bed today... DO SOMETHING! You can pull up a chair and watch the parade go by or join. Your choice. TTC

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
At least you finally got out some man. I don't think I did too well yesterday, it definitely didn't pay for my gas either, but it was beautiful weather and scenery at least and I had a lot of fun sluicing in the river. Now if all the biting bugs would just flat out die, id be happy. I just woke up from a deep sleep itching from all the bug bites I got yesterday.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some people use skin so soft for the bugs,that stuff stinks so bad to me i'd rather be bit ! hope your next trip is better.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey... Glad you finely made it out.
Sounds like my last trip! I had a guy by the name of Mark who was camped down the rd, from me. He asked if I could find an anchor they lost from his sons boat a week earlier. I found and recovered it and the next day blew my back out splitting wood for camp.
When it was time to pack up Mark showed up ( Big guy) and basically pulled my 4" dredge up to my camp by himself. Saved me from having to break it down and make lots of trips with a bad back.
Mark told me he grew up in the area and would gladly show me some hot spots for when I return, so here I sit trying to get back upright so I can get back out there.
Can't never have to many friends. A little shine is better than no shine! Keep at IT!!!!

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Not sure how i missed this thread.. but hell yeah! It's all about he journey and the people you meet on the way.
I for one feel I am destined and blessed enough to meet enough good people on the road to justify all my wrongdoings.
If the payoff ain't great, at least on the wide open road you got out there, and got some fresh air... the true nature of all things.
I had a great time meeting and listening to river. And something tells me there are many more paths to come!

A river is just a channel, to something deeper than the bedrock, that goes below even the soul to the essence of life itself...

See ya when I see ya :icon_pirat:

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, yep sore back - not much shine, sounds like my last trip lol, but we're all goin back out there because one good day out dredging equals about twenty not so good trips, and the worst day dredging is better than the best day working ( I think ).

Jog, you might want to try my back helper - every morning I do ten push ups with pelvis on the ground, arching my back, hold each one about 5 seconds. Was told to try it - thought it wouldn't work....... but it has helped a lot! So much that I don't need hardly any pain relief, sore back lasts a few days instead of a month. Doc said I had arthritis - that no operation would fix it, I should go home, eat pills and do nothing. Took 2 weeks to get my back to bend 2 weeks later I was almost pain free.

Since then I've done a lot that I had given up on, lifted a deer I shot into my 4x4, rode my motorcycle on a 200 mile trip, gardening, shoveling gravel and pretty much anything I want. Back doesn't spasm any more, still gets sore if I over strain it but comes good again in a few days.
Maybe it won't work for you, but it's not going to cost anything to try it.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: YEP sometimes the experience and the folks ya meet are the real gold nowadays :icon_thumright: and that ain't all bad :laughing7: Mining is,has and always will be feast and famine-work a hour and find $10,000 or spend $10,000 on helos and drops,work like a dog for 3 months and find $1,000 in gold :tongue3: ya gotta be a mite touched in the head and a adreneline junkie and love it all to LL to suceed them dry spells-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread