Were FDR and Honest Abe claustrophobic, or afraid of flying insects?

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Much of the day was a washout, but I made it out for a couple hours this evening. I went to the house where yesterday I found a class ring and pulled some clad mostly. As a dark purple cloud hovered, I headed for the truck with my coil to the ground. On the way, I got a penny/dime signal and decided to go ahead and dig. I pulled the plug and out rolled a plastic green and red capsule, the kind you used to see in gumball machines. I thought this might be promising, and I was right. I pulled apart the capsule and saw the items pictured inside. The dime and penny spent the last few decades buried with a big rubber fly; it almost seems like something Poe might have imagined!

Attachments

• fly 001 (2).jpg
    fly 001 (2).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
That's a cool find. It what's makes this hobby so cool, each days treasure is a keeper and some can really take you back to the day. Looks like something I would have done 30 years ago, put a couple coins in with my gumball machine prize, then throw it around to listen and watch it bounce and roll. Cool find, grats on the silver!

Smiles!
BDoo

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool little "time capsule" half...thanks for sharin'....HH!!

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's way to cool halfdime! That's what makes this hobby so fun.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions