Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9073231.jpg

Found this while scrolling around on Google Earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
all of our gubermint agencys are grasping for more control to protect their "expanding jobs" for the future and MORE gubermint control! and they are pressed into doing so by the wacoenviromentalist groups that WE fund through our taxs!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Would be interesting to know exactly what their beef is. If we could find everyone that has problems with them and get us all working together we could in all likelihood be making more progress in getting those yahoos back on their leashes. If we can't get them back under control, then the "NIMBY" mind set will no longer matter, because we won't have a backyard!.

With the apathetic attitude that has become so ingrained into the people of this country, it is not going to be easy to fight the various agencies and get them back into line. We need numbers behind us and so many people just don't care if it doesn't effect them directly. The public has been slowly trained to this attitude by the media and the politicians over a long period of time. The government no longer works for the people. The people instead work for the government.

Miners have been in this fight for a long time already and it's time to bring in more and more of the outdoors people.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USFS has all but ruined the timber industry. Which is ironic ,because T. Roosevelt created it to make sure that the USA always had sufficient lumber.It has been a constant pain in the side of the livestock industry as well. Any consumptive use of natural resources , they are arbitrarily opposed to. There is strength and influence in numbers.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USFS has all but ruined the timber industry. Which is ironic ,because T. Roosevelt created it to make sure that the USA always had sufficient lumber.It has been a constant pain in the side of the livestock industry as well. Any consumptive use of natural resources , they are arbitrarily opposed to. There is strength and influence in numbers.

In a recent trip to the claim we stopped in Georgetown for fuel, I couldn't help but notice truck after truck carrying burnt but very useable lumber down the mountain, must have seen 30 trucks the whole day. In between each truck you would see a worktruck with a usfs tag on it headed down or up. They are removing trees from the king fire area which probably needs to be done but it made me wonder who gets the profits from this new practically unlimited supply of lumber? I have a feeling the forest service is making a pretty penny from this situation, I understand it probably must be done but makes me cringe..

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a recent trip to the claim we stopped in Georgetown for fuel, I couldn't help but notice truck after truck carrying burnt but very useable lumber down the mountain, must have seen 30 trucks the whole day. In between each truck you would see a worktruck with a usfs tag on it headed down or up. They are removing trees from the king fire area which probably needs to be done but it made me wonder who gets the profits from this new practically unlimited supply of lumber? I have a feeling the forest service is making a pretty penny from this situation, I understand it probably must be done but makes me cringe..
Don't forget how much of that fire burned Sierra Pacific land. I'd wager the majority of those tree's are privately owned. There are numerous groups that fight to keep trees removed from F.S. land even burned dead ones. Its very common to see those log trucks and F.S. trucks in and around Georgetown. They both use the same road to get to the same places plus the district head quarters is right down the rd.
You know those old Wile E. Coyote cartoons with the sheep dog. They clock in in the morning...slapstick it all day. And when they punch out they call each other by their first names and walk home together.... That's Georgetown...Its a cool dynamic and the locals don't mind.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Hey, I've been in that store! Eagle Alaska is a great place with a rich mining history.
The beef of the locals (and a lot of Alaskans) is with the US PARK Service, not Forest Service. They have assumed some police powers on land & waterways that they have no jurisdiction on.
These are examples from a few years ago
Alaska, Feds again at odds over Yukon River access rights | Alaska Dispatch News

http://www.adn.com/article/feds-defend-aiming-shotgun-elderly-alaskans-yukon-river

http://www.adn.com/article/national-park-service-gets-its-man-and-whole-lot-more

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget how much of that fire burned Sierra Pacific land. I'd wager the majority of those tree's are privately owned. There are numerous groups that fight to keep trees removed from F.S. land even burned dead ones. Its very common to see those log trucks and F.S. trucks in and around Georgetown. They both use the same road to get to the same places plus the district head quarters is right down the rd.
You know those old Wile E. Coyote cartoons with the sheep dog. They clock in in the morning...slapstick it all day. And when they punch out they call each other by their first names and walk home together.... That's Georgetown...Its a cool dynamic and the locals don't mind.

Another thing I noticed, to this day almost every road that turns off of wentworth springs road is closed from Quintette all the way up to the rubicon. IMO its overkill as the fire has been out for months, and in many cases the roads are perfectly navigable with no reason to be shut down (believe me ive checked). Even the OHV trail system right out of Georgetown still has signs saying closed yet the area was not even in the fire and miles from it. I give it up to the people that fought that fire and the people that continue to restore the area, but the unnecessary shutting down of the public land for entry turned logging boom is something you cant help but notice and think about. My only access to one of my claims is a ohv trail that is technically closed because of the king fire, yet is a good 10 miles away from the burn zone in an area untouched by the fire entirely, A fire that was declared out back in early October of last year! Its a little ridiculous..

Bottom Line its the Forest service doing what the do best, seizing every possible opportunity to control every aspect of land that does not belong to them.. Its one less road they have to patrol or area to worry about for as long as they can milk is how it portrays to me.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey, I've been in that store! Eagle Alaska is a great place with a rich mining history.
The beef of the locals (and a lot of Alaskans) is with the US PARK Service, not Forest Service. They have assumed some police powers on land & waterways that they have no jurisdiction on.

I was wondering if anyone would notice the sign was about the Park Service and has nothing to do with the Forest Service Vance. :laughing7:

What the Park Service has done to small gold miners in Alaska is criminal. I keep hoping the culprits will be arrested and locked up. They are liars and thieves. They steal the real history of the land and lock the people who live and work there out of their own properties. Someday the true story will be told.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are examples from a few years ago
Alaska, Feds again at odds over Yukon River access rights | Alaska Dispatch News

http://www.adn.com/article/feds-defend-aiming-shotgun-elderly-alaskans-yukon-river

http://www.adn.com/article/national-park-service-gets-its-man-and-whole-lot-more

Thanks Vance, I was wondering if that was what they ment but in my book they are all the same :censored:. I believe that picture was taken in the 90s but not possitive, if so that just goes to show how long this crap has been going on...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions