Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it will hurt detecting any.Might improve the # of finds. I'm finding coins up here on a man made beach at the lake.In sand shipped & trucked up from the islands.
Also ,I dont think those dredgers have screens .If they do they are big mesh:)

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting on re-sanded beaches suck more time than not until the storms removes that sand. When your sinking up above your ankles when detecting odds of finding any thing worth while is low, occasionally they will deposit something nice but that is rare.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Detecting on re-sanded beaches suck more time than not until the storms removes that sand. When your sinking up above your ankles when detecting odds of finding any thing worth while is low, occasionally they will deposit something nice but that is rare.

Totally agree with TH. TH and I do 99% of our hunting on Florida beaches and in our experience, renurishment is not our friend.

OP
OP
T

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess the old adage of "Overcome and adapt " will come into play on these beaches. May try Treasure Island first after they are done with a section just to see what the dredgers spit out.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I go to Virginia Beach and Sand bridge Va. I find stuff .And those beaches are re-sanded All the time:dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I go to Virginia Beach and Sand bridge Va. I find stuff .And those beaches are re-sanded All the time:dontknow:

I have hunted many re-sanded beaches in Florida for many years, the finds always SUCK after the re-nourishment.

Last edited:

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted Myrtle Beach SC two weekends ago. It had been recently re-sanded. The finds were less than spectacular. All recent drop that could be linked to spring break.

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the old adage of "Overcome and adapt " will come into play on these beaches. May try Treasure Island first after they are done with a section just to see what the dredgers spit out.

I just hunted Treasure Island 3 weeks ago. Didn't even realize it would be newly sanded soon. I see some good & some bad, but probably mostly bad for a bit. Question is... does that sand come from the dry sand areas in front of Rick Scotts house? And if so, will we be able to hunt on it once its dumped? ??? haha ugh.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well todd they did the same thing down at Bradenton beach and around that area and it hurt the finds a lot, you would mostly find recent drops it takes a long time for it to get back to were it was.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta vote on he suck after nourshment. At least for what i find on Venice and Nokomos beachs .....

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East coast FL re-sanding screwed everything up from detecting to fishing for a good while. Total waist of time and money too. First storm will set things straight.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years back someone was detecting around Upham / Sunset (I am guessing here, exact location was not revealed) after pumping sand in. Person found many silver spanish coins over a week which were pumped in with the sand.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF,there is anything of value these massive suckers will suck it up, and deposit it on the beach.Something that might take mother nature decades to do .
>>

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aman TH......... the problem is that sand doesnt stay in place. It starts getting pull right back out moving South with the natural long shore drift. They did it on Lido beach........ lasted a few months now the sand has move into the water and just moves north or south depending on serious wind and wave action. It becomes a recent drop beach... because thats about all you can hope for.

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hunted Treasure Island 3 weeks ago. Didn't even realize it would be newly sanded soon. I see some good & some bad, but probably mostly bad for a bit. Question is... does that sand come from the dry sand areas in front of Rick Scotts house? And if so, will we be able to hunt on it once its dumped? ??? haha ugh.

Do you ever hunt inside of Johns Pass? When I used to go down there I would always see where everyone was tied up just in from the bridge and thought that would be a great spot to bring the jet ski
and hit a few days.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you ever hunt inside of Johns Pass? When I used to go down there I would always see where everyone was tied up just in from the bridge and thought that would be a great spot to bring the jet ski
and hit a few days.

Yeah lots of deep aluminum trash. No hard bottom to catch heavy stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread