West Orlando Site Clearing

J.O.A.T

Feb 23, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter garden corner division and dillard. They started clearing use to be army base from 40s before hospital they tore down. Found some clad site full of ju 20180216_150949.jpg 20180216_150949.jpg nk but guys have found some silver.

Upvote 10
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice! Hit that place hard...GL & HH

OP
OP
J.O.A.T

J.O.A.T

Feb 23, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I live around corner and the place was a base on Lake Apopka. Ive dug my yard on pinpoint and have dug gear part 30.06 shells and uniform buttons from the era. Once they scrape site it might reveal deeper layers. Problem is the amount of junk. Hoping some locals might help pull some relics. Its not a party doing 5 acres in pinpoint with the excalibur.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hit that place numerous times before I gave up. Every time they alter the dirt is new potential.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi J.O.A.T., looks like a promising site. Challenge is finding the areas that have some good targets with less of the high tone junk. Have you ever hit the old base / housing development near the airport? Looks like a similar site, lots of removed homes, but most likely lots of trash and modern clad mixed in. I'm in Orlando a lot on business (near the convention center) and bring my detector often. Good luck with this site!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions