Westchester show

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you get 95% of the melt price for 40%ers?

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quicksilver how will I recognize you? :dontknow:
You missed the ( FREE) Danbury Ct show last week! Best Turn out in years!! Folks are out buying and selling that silver and and Gold. I managed to picked up alot of nice smaller denominations (mostly Canadian) that dealers dont want to deal with. Picked up about $400 bucks worth for about 150. One really nice silver piece also!
BTW all the dealers were selling ASE for $40 No one budging an inch!!
I bet next week the will be 42!!!!
heres the link:
http://www.westchestergov.com/calendar/ccorgcalquery.asp
5 buck cover!

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
I will probably be there on Saturday. My birthday is in two weeks so some nice early birthday gifts :headbang:

Yinzi50 said:
Can you get 95% of the melt price for 40%ers?
I've sold my 40%ers a few times there(wish i held on to them) and normally get about $5 under spot per roll. Haven't sold in a while though so maybe it has changed.

OP
OP
Q

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
lol someone seems to have stolen my name or is it the other way around

tenseventyfive

Apr 25, 2010
No, no, no....

You mean the White Plains show? Just 5 min from my house? The one I have a bankroll saved up to go hunting some value at?

No I hear thats been cancelled!

None of you should bother making the trip!

:o

j/k hehe

tenseventyfive

Apr 25, 2010
Re: Westchester show - update!

Just got back from the show - there were more Morgans there than I ever thought existed!!! :o

That said, despite the record silver prices, a lot of the vendors were only paying 80% of melt for coins, and no one was buying 40%'s, but there was ONE guy who gave me $5.25 per 40% which is 87% of melt, and I thought that fair. He was also willing to take them in trade for Silver Eagles, so I ended up trading 71 40% for 8 2000 Eagles and $20 cash. Since I was really just there to trade in the first place (believe me these are pros and there was NO cheap, or even market value, silver to be bought), I think I did alright - got rid of the pesky pile for 8 shiny discs of pure Ag - now off to the safety deposit box and not to be seen again until silver hits $200!

:coffee2:

OP
OP
Q

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Re: Westchester show - update!

tenseventyfive said:
Just got back from the show - there were more Morgans there than I ever thought existed!!! :o

That said, despite the record silver prices, a lot of the vendors were only paying 80% of melt for coins, and no one was buying 40%'s, but there was ONE guy who gave me $5.25 per 40% which is 87% of melt, and I thought that fair. He was also willing to take them in trade for Silver Eagles, so I ended up trading 71 40% for 8 2000 Eagles and $20 cash. Since I was really just there to trade in the first place (believe me these are pros and there was NO cheap, or even market value, silver to be bought), I think I did alright - got rid of the pesky pile for 8 shiny discs of pure Ag - now off to the safety deposit box and not to be seen again until silver hits $200!

:coffee2:
80% ? did you talk to enough vendors? i was quoted about 90% melt value

tenseventyfive

Apr 25, 2010
well the couple I spoke to werent buying 40%ers at all. And as for the 80% melt that was what one vendor gave to a guy I spoke to - I think he gave him $22 for every 2 franklins the guy had. Personally I wouldnt have taken so little considering Ag just hit a 30-yr high but the seller I spoke to was just some oil guy who found a bucket of coins in some old woman's basement and she told him to take them out - or maybe she said take the bucket, he found em and didnt tell her - idk and wasnt interested in HOW he got his coins as much as what they were paying him for them. As I said, in my case I was just looking to trade so I felt like 87% was a fair price - the other side has to make money too.

OP
OP
Q

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
just sold worn barbers at $27.50 , found quarters at 27 ,

got my car booted for $71

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
quiksilver said:
just sold worn barbers at $27.50 , found quarters at 27 ,

got my car booted for $71
Nice trade, worn barbers for quarters.

That boot could bring a few cents from a scrapyard, just cut it off with a cutting torch and toss it in the trunk. Just be sure to leave them a note behind thanking them for the scrap. Works for me :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread