westher and tides this weekend on the treasure coast

cobra

Nov 8, 2004
OK boys and girls! Is this the weekend we've been waiting for? Marine weather sys NE winds 15 to 20 gusting to 25.
Bill in Stuart says extreme low tides. Will this kind of wind on the beach do any good for us?

Just wondering if we should" lock and load" or go to the Rolex 24 at Daytona?

What you say Bill in Stuart, Cap Z, Rod, Fisheye, and Jimi D Priate.

Cobra

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about the rest of them but it sounds like a plan to me.Forget the Rolex 24,unless you plan to search the lots after the party's over.I haven't been to a 24 hour race since '83 or '84.I imagine thier could be a couple decent finds to find there amongst the garbage and litter.I'd rather hit the beach at direct low tide,i'll have to check for times.I doubt i'll make it that far north but ya never know.Still wonderin what happened to surfrat and floater,seems "Wilma" took them away from us here! LOL Good luck and maybe i'll see ya out there

OP
OP
C

cobra

Nov 8, 2004
Westher...I can't even spell weather! Sorry for the typo! I'll blame it on the cat who loves to play withy the keyboard.
I love the Rolex but the ticket prices are out of site so I think thats out for the weekend.
Hopefully we'll see a few cuts on Saturday.

Cobra

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hmmm....forgot about the 24 hrs. of Daytona. Actually, I haven't been been in years either. Used to sneak into the pits in the '60's, actually got a job on pit road once, and didn't even have a pass. Look at it this way..you can watch the race on speedvision when you're not at the beach?

OP
OP
C

cobra

Nov 8, 2004
Went down to Bonsteel/Chucks this morning to check it out. Looked like some cuts were starting. Not sure if the winds are enough to really do us some good. Anybody check out the beaches in the afternoon?

Cobra

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread