Wet and muddy out today detecting

partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro, bounty hunter quick silver,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0211181705a.jpg 0211181705c.jpg 0211181707c.jpg 0211181708.jpg 0211181706b.jpg 0211181707a.jpg 0211181706c.jpg 0211181707.jpg

Yea today was a wet and muddy day out in the rain today, i was ready to get out to get my detecting on ben working or ground too frozen, just perfect temperature just not weather but i didn't care, so getting to the finds i went to my brother house for the hundreds time and pulled the 2 Lincoln's, and i'm gessing a blue door to a toy car, and then i went to the fields and got really muddy but found that round piece that has threads on it looks old with green pitina not shur what it is, and that little round piece with leather on it im gessing im gessing u call that a gromit not shur, found an arrow head looks like, and that alsome rock with reddish colors in it, im glad i got out i was happy find some stuff, thanks for checking out my finds

Upvote 12

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The round piece with the threads is an ox knob. A farmer would screw them onto an ox's horn to prevent them from goring the farmer or other oxen. That's probably 100 years old, so a very good find!

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
if you heard and DUG that door...then you have a keen ear and WILL find GOOD stuff...just sayin'...Happy Hunting!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Glad to see so many got to hunt. We received 4" of rain yesterday. Congrats on a nice hunt.:thumb_up:

OP
OP
partner

partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The round piece with the threads is an ox knob. A farmer would screw them onto an ox's horn to prevent them from goring the farmer or other oxen. That's probably 100 years old, so a very good find!

Thanks that alsome i seen people find them on YouTube but didn't even think about that thats alsome appreciate it first one :hello2:

OP
OP
partner

partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you heard and DUG that door...then you have a keen ear and WILL find GOOD stuff...just sayin'...Happy Hunting!!

Thanks yea im going for the tweakers on my brothers property now got most of the loud sounds and high tones trying get the ground cleaned too it's our child hood home was born there so there's a lot of stuff in ground iv even barried a tin with wheatys and Franklin's and other coins in ground but still not able to find ground pritty trashy one day ill find it hopefully

OP
OP
partner

partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see so many got to hunt. We received 4" of rain yesterday. Congrats on a nice hunt.:thumb_up:

Thanks, im not shur how much rain we got but it rained alot here in pa, i was happy to get out anyway even if it was raining

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done on getting out, I wallowed in the mud/rain myself, tell me that this hobby is not addicting!

OP
OP
partner

partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done on getting out, I wallowed in the mud/rain myself, tell me that this hobby is not addicting!

Thanks, yea its little addicting i say too!!! But fun cause u never know what's going to out of ground next could be alsome treasure!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out partner.
Some very interesting finds.
The ground is still frozen up in the Pennsylvania Wilds.

OP
OP
partner

partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out partner.
Some very interesting finds.
The ground is still frozen up in the Pennsylvania Wilds.

Thanks , the ground will thoul soon anuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions