wet etrac

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should be fine I got mine wet before and the next day it was ok

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends, was it on when it got wet? salt or fresh water? Did you immediately pull the battery? Those answers will give you your chance of recovery.

The best thing you can do (at this point) is make sure the battery is out. If you dunked it in salt water, FLUSH IT WITH FRESH WATER!. If you dunked it in fresh water, then just give it lots of time to dry. If you can pack it in a container with dry rice and seal it for about a week would be great to sucking the last of the moisture out. After that, put in a fresh battery and hope for the best.

OP
OP
250hondacr

250hondacr

Jul 17, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fresh water its in some rice as we speak I was going to try it tonight maybe I'll wait a while thanks for the info.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a hair dryer with cold setting no heat use that remember there are 2 sides to motherboard. Be sure it is completely dry before turning it on...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
250hondacr

250hondacr

Jul 17, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It came on working so far.

OP
OP
250hondacr

250hondacr

Jul 17, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No kidding gotta be more careful

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not an e-Trac user but glad to hear to u dodged that bullet & ur detector is still working

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread