wet suits

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
OK not that I'm going to run out and buy one but..... I was wondering. I have thought about it. I know a lot of you guys wear wet suits when hunting especially at this time of year. I have asked a few questions of some of you but I was wondering .... how many of you guys really do wear them? What kind are best to keep warm but are easy to get on (and off). Full suit? Farmer John style? 3 m or 5 m or something different. Do you wear weight belts with them? How deep do you go when you hunt with a wet suit? I have no idea why I'm even asking about them because I am really a coward when it comes to going out too far but I guess I am just curious. ::)

Upvote 0

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mumsie, There are new Neoprene Waders made out of the same stuff as wet suits. They fit snug around you so water can't get in. Most come with either stocking feet for wading shoes or attached boots. Personally I use a Diver's Farmer John I bought at Diver's Outlet in Orlando for $85 and its a 3mm. They sell a item called "Skins" that can be worn with the wet suit, it makes getting in and out of one a snap. During the summer, you can wear the skins separately for protection from jellyfish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread